View Full Version : Transducer connectors

10-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Surely it has been asked but I tried a search and didn't come up with the answer so maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

The female faston connector on a vintage transducer (127A) has broken off. I have it working in a rather crude although secure method but would like to repair it in a more "professional" manner without having to drill rivets, etc., because I do not have any rivets or other parts with which to make the repair. Is there any type of replacement that uses a screw-in method of securing a connector to the frame via the existing small hole through the rivet? If not, any other suggestions.

Thanks for the help.

10-13-2006, 06:31 PM
I may not be visualizing this correctly but I'm picturing a piece of insulator board with a broken faston connector riveted to it. If that is what you have and there is a whole in the rivet why not get a connecter that has a hole like the broken one and bolt it through the rivet. You might be amazed at the hardware available at hobby shops. Sounds like a solder job but we each have different tools

10-13-2006, 06:48 PM
I may not be visualizing this correctly ...Doyall...

Post a pic of your plight. Worth at least 17 words... :D