PDA

View Full Version : On my 4350 can I ?

NancyJ
10-10-2006, 03:52 PM
use them on their sides and change the tweeter postion?
I was thinking of how to get more floor space. only thing is the mid tweet lens would nedd to be rotated too? hmm.. ? to bad the x and y are'nt the same..

could someone come over and help me tip them over to see ?:barf:

Robh3606
10-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Hello Nancy

Don't know if the drivers are laid out so you can rotate them. The lense on the compression driver is what I think you may have a problem with. You would also have to rotate the 2405/Tweeter 90 degrees as well. That means pulling a woofer out. You could use midrange without the lense but you may not like how it sounds without. See if the lense fits without covering the tweeter. Try the without the lenses and decide if you want to crack the cabinets.

Rob:)

rgrjit8
10-15-2006, 10:10 PM
use them on their sides and change the tweeter postion?
I was thinking of how to get more floor space. only thing is the mid tweet lens would nedd to be rotated too? hmm.. ? to bad the x and y are'nt the same..

could someone come over and help me tip them over to see ?:barf:

Yes, I have my 4355s laid on their ends because the family room is too narrow.
Now, the hard part, lay the speakers on their backs (remember to put a folded blanket or something under their backs to give you an edge of the cabinet to slide your fingers under when it's time to set them back up.) Take both woofers out, reach to the corner where the slot tweeter is and find it blocked by bracing and that big ol' 2441 motor. Stop, Cuss a blue streak, Go to the fridge, Grab a bottle on wine and thing about which stupid man you can persuade to do this for you.
Riessen tells me it can be done with out knocking the bracing loose, but y had to bust glue joints ans use a powered screwdriver. You Passibly you can wend your arms past the 2440 driver to get to the 2405. More power to you! I had to tear mine out , Just to give it a liffle 90 degrr twist.

As long as you're this deep into the project, you may as well shift your components into a true mirror image pair.

Last tip, The 2440 is so heavy that in order to line it up for bolting your going to need an extra person to help. As you line up the bolt holes have another person stuck a pin (I used metal chopsticks. Ten penny nails mght work too. Drop them in the bolt holes to line things up enough to start using the actual bolts.

This is all for now, I'm getting aggravated just rembering how much of a drag this was.