PDA

View Full Version : "THE WHO"

John
10-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Caught the Who last night, or what's left of them!!! They still rock:applaud:

John
10-03-2006, 11:58 PM
They had to of had the best JBL Vertec system that I have heard so far???

Very powerfull but smooth as silk.

oznob
10-04-2006, 09:24 AM
That's awesome John! Hey, is Zak Starkey still playing drums with them?

Titanium Dome
10-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Saw them in Cleveland in the 70's. (Barely remember it, other than freaking loud and Moons' drum sticks flying into the audience.)

Saw them in Detroit in the 80s. Very polished, very powerful.

Had tickets for the 2002 gig in Vegas, but you know what happened. :(

Hope to get a listen this time, too. And I hope there's an HD, hi-rez multi-channel, surround DVD that comes out of it. :yes:

clmrt
10-04-2006, 10:24 AM
"Hope to get a listen this time, too. And I hope there's an HD, hi-rez multi-channel, surround DVD that comes out of it. :yes:"

That's how I'll see it. Netflix even.

I don't know how much of this is true, but it's a fun read.

I had no idea they helped invent the Marshall Stack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_who

John
10-04-2006, 11:21 AM
That's awesome John! Hey, is Zak Starkey still playing drums with them?

:rockon2: YES

John
10-04-2006, 11:58 AM
All shows on this tour are being taped and will be made available on DVD and CD about 3-4 weeks after the actual concert. All profit is going to charity. Do a search at www.themusic.com (http://www.themusic.com)

Ken Pachkowsky
10-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Great photo's John.

Thanks, I would have loved to have been there...

They were always big JBL fans. I had read somewhere that the control room in their studio had multiple 4350's.

Re the message about Illinois, I will contact you.

Ken

Titanium Dome
10-04-2006, 04:45 PM
All shows on this tour are being taped and will be made available on DVD and CD about 3-4 weeks after the actual concert. All profit is going to charity. Do a search at www.themusic.com (http://www.themusic.com)

The link is very helpful. Does anyone really need a road case full of 20 concerts? Well, someone might. I thought about it for a second. But. really, I'm not that far into it.

The real question is which concert(s) to get? They're not even finished yet, so it's hard to know which show is the killer set.

John
10-04-2006, 09:13 PM
I would take a guess the majority of buyers will just order the actual show they attended.

I think the "WHO" have fans but not like the Grateful Dead?
Shit their fans will buy the toilet Garcia sat on:p

By the way besides Zak Starkey on drums, they had Pete's brother Simon on second guitar and Pino Palladino on bass and not to forget a guy from texas by the name of John Bundrick on keyboard's:blah:

John
10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Also, if you got Sirius sat. radio? Channel #10 is the "WHO" channel.
They are playing their show's from the current tour a day or two after the actual show takes place. :blah:

Mr. Widget
10-04-2006, 10:23 PM
I think the "WHO" have fans but not like the Grateful Dead?
Shit their fans will buy the toilet Garcia sat on:p Is it for sale???:bouncy:

:rotfl:

Widget

johnaec
10-05-2006, 05:39 AM
Is it for sale???:bouncy:It actually was last year! It was part of an estate sale of some of his stuff, and was sitting in a driveway waiting to be picked up, and someone stole it! 'Don't know if it was ever recovered or not...

John

morbo!
10-05-2006, 10:46 PM
wearn`t they known as the hillbilly bugger boys before they were called the who?

Titanium Dome
10-06-2006, 08:44 AM
That's what Homer Simpson called them in "A Tale of Two Springfields." :homer:

Titanium Dome
10-06-2006, 08:54 AM
With Homer, of course.

Just off to the side (out of sight) are two huge JBL stacks.

THIS is a concert I'd pay to see.

hardearu1
02-10-2007, 12:20 PM
All shows on this tour are being taped and will be made available on DVD and CD about 3-4 weeks after the actual concert. All profit is going to charity. Do a search at www.themusic.com (http://www.themusic.com) DIONAMMIC! CAUGHT THEM IN PHILLY '06 WITH CHRISY AND THE PRETENDERS AT THE WACOVIA CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!WOW:applaud:

Thom
02-10-2007, 12:44 PM
I heard that on the last USA Stones tour someone said to Jagger "you're just doing it for the money now aren't you?" and Jagger said "Obviously you have us mistaken for the Who"