PDA

View Full Version : JBL L5's!

Mike33
09-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Picked up a mint pair today and am quite pleased for what they cost.
Nice looking speaker and not bad sound.

Still need to replace the drivers on my L80t's as i am not happy with them and there was obvious patch up work done to the surrounds/voice coil.
Local speaker shop wants more then double what i paid for them to redo the surrounds/recone.....ouch!

Titanium Dome
09-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Congrats on the L5s. They are very nice, and underrated/underappreciated by those who have never heard them.

Mike33
09-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Thank You, at 6 ohms they like to suck up the power!
Once everything is warmed up they are a great bang for the buck speaker!:)

Mike33
10-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Congrats on the L5s. They are very nice, and underrated/underappreciated by those who have never heard them.

These are very underated, i have them teamed up with a Sansui AU9500 and listening to the radio through a Sansui TU 9900 and WOW!!
Very pleased!:applaud:

Titanium Dome
10-01-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm certain that's a nice combo.

It's neat that you're even more excited now than when you got them.

Whenever I listen to any of the L Series (L1, L3, L5, L7) I'm impressed with how they perform, especially considering their reasonable original cost and the bargain they are in today's market.

Dollar for dollar, the L5 might be the best value four-way JBL out there.

jblnut
10-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Don't count out the JBL940 for a cheap 4-way. If you want to rock the house for next to nothing, they are just about impossible to beat. They won't do critical listening like an L5, but then again you can pick up a pair of them for $100-200 if you look around.

jblnut

I'm certain that's a nice combo.

It's neat that you're even more excited now than when you got them.

Whenever I listen to any of the L Series (L1, L3, L5, L7) I'm impressed with how they perform, especially considering their reasonable original cost and the bargain they are in today's market.

Dollar for dollar, the L5 might be the best value four-way JBL out there.

lastcobra
10-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Mike I agree with Titanium Dome, the L5's are without a doubt the best bang four the buck when it comes to pure music. I have 2 pairs of the L5's and 2 pairs of the L3's and love them. All you need to make them better is add a good subwoofer to cover the very bottom spectrum and they are awesome!