PDA

View Full Version : EVEREST DD66000 COMES TO NORWAY

Rolf
09-20-2006, 02:08 AM
Hi all.

I just spoke to the Norwegian importer, Neby Hi-Fi Concept, and can confirm that the EVEREST DD66000 are ordered and will come to Norway.:applaud: :applaud: One bad and one good news:

1). THE BAD: It will not arrive before early 2007.:( The reason for this is that JBL have orders for several months ahead. (This is good for JBL).

2). THE GOOD: The Norwegian importer with the man himself, Erling Neby has granted us, the Norwegian members of the Lansing Heritage Forum a special listening session after the arrival. If there are members from other counties that want to attend, I am sure this will be ok.

As there are several months before this will happen, I wonder if a moderator can make this thread a "Sticky".

I hope many of our members will grab this unique opportunity to attend this session.

Hoerninger
09-20-2006, 04:25 AM
Congratulations, Rolf! :thmbsup: :bouncy: :cool: :dancin:
Although it's in Europe, it's quite a way. :dont-know

Rolf
09-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks to the moderator who made this a sticky. :applaud: Now everybody has to see it opening this category.

I like everyone who would like to attend this session to send me a pm. The best is to include your normal e-mail account. I will write it down, and when the time comes give further information.

Are we looking forward to this? This event will be like::happyh:

Heinz
09-23-2006, 12:43 PM
OK... Im on the list. Who else from Scandinavia is coming to Norway. Any long way travelers from the other side of the Atlantic sea!!!

BTW: New K2 coming up and new Studio series in march/april.. Remember who told you this :D :D

Rolf
09-24-2006, 12:42 AM
So far we are only 4 who have said YES to attend, I guess Hoerninger will come along with several others from Norway, Sweden, Denmark Germany ... and who knows from where when the session is getting closer.

Hoerninger
09-24-2006, 02:40 AM
Hello Rolf,

I send you a PM.
(This message stands here because I used the forum in a wrong way.)

Guido
09-24-2006, 01:23 PM
BTW: New K2 coming up and new Studio series in march/april.. Remember who told you this :D :D

Well THIS sounds interesting for me.

Rolf: I'm not too much interested in the DD66000 and additionally I hate planes :biting:
But thanks for the offer. We will see. As you know I can fly for (almost) free :)

Rolf
09-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Rolf: I'm not too much interested in the DD66000 and additionally I hate planes :biting:
But thanks for the offer. We will see. As you know I can fly for (almost) free :)

OK Guido. You hate planes. Why don't you take your Audi A1 and drive? :coolness:

Guido
09-25-2006, 03:17 AM
OK Guido. You hate planes. Why don't you take your Audi A1 and drive? :coolness:

Because at the beginning of the year it would be hard to drive with open roof, at least in norway ;)
As said, we will see.

lfh
09-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey Rolf,

count me in!

:bouncy:

Fredrik

Heinz
10-13-2006, 03:14 PM
E-mail from Rolf today that we are now 10 on the list for this event :) :)

Norway,Sweden & Denmark is represented with members from the Lansing Heritage forum´s.

Planing for a gift to mr Neby for his kindnes to let us have a special listening session.

This will be a suprice for everyone until pictures and Videos are published on this forum.....

More later / Heinz

Ps. Rolf... sending a e-mail to you on Sunday....

korgroenewoud
10-14-2006, 02:01 PM
I like to go there too. It depends on what part or city it will happen in Norway.

Hoerninger
10-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I suppose, it is in Skien, where Rolf lives. Till Oslo by aeroplane would be no problem. Till Skien there are about 150 km, I hope I looked it up correct. From my youth I know, distances in Norway are large.

Rolf, could you please give some hints?

Rolf
10-15-2006, 01:55 AM
I suppose, it is in Skien, where Rolf lives. Till Oslo by aeroplane would be no problem. Till Skien there are about 150 km, I hope I looked it up correct. From my youth I know, distances in Norway are large.

Rolf, could you please give some hints?

Hi folks. I am very sure that it will be in Oslo. Neby has the company there. I also guess it will be in a weekend, so "all" of you who can attend from Europe, remember: ""it's just one or two hours by airplane"", and the prices are low these days.

Yes, you are right, about 120-150 km from Oslo to Skien, depending from where in Oslo you start.

leif
10-25-2006, 02:32 PM
I am coming of course.
I live far from Nebys office, almost two hours.
But that is close compare to many others of you.
I live only 10 minutes away from Torp Airport - TRF (Oslo south).
And if some of you want to come, me and my family offers free accomodation. We have two guestrooms vacant.
KLM fly here from Amsterdam. Ryanair fly here from many destinations.
It is just to pack a bag and go!

caladois
10-27-2006, 01:21 AM
I may be interested. It depend of the date... Let me know as soon as possible .
It could be a nice week end.
Stephane

Rolf
10-27-2006, 03:41 PM
I may be interested. It depend of the date... Let me know as soon as possible .
It could be a nice week end.
Stephane

Hi. Follow this thread to know. I know it will be early 2007, probably a weekend in Oslo.

Rolf
12-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Another member of this forum (Perwe) has joined the list.:applaud:

korgroenewoud
12-18-2006, 06:54 AM
The new Everest D 66000 will be demonsrated in Amsterdam the weekend, the 22nd and 23rd december of this year.
I let you know my experiences.

Kor

Rolf
12-18-2006, 07:36 AM
The new Everest D 66000 will be demonsrated in Amsterdam the weekend, the 22nd and 23rd december of this year.
I let you know my experiences.

Kor

Fantastic! Expecting report late on 23rd or early on the 24th.

elliot
12-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Kor have you got details for the event. I might join. Thanks

korgroenewoud
12-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Sorry Elliot,

I did not read the mail, so i could not react. When you see these speakers you are really impressed by their appearance. This is a perfect design.
I listened to this speaker for about one hour. They sound like real and its just if you are in the music. The soundstage is detailed and it felt like you could touch the instruments. I heard all different sorts of music. Every kind of music sounded well, even classical music.
What really was remarkable was the difference in soft musical passages and very loud passages with the amplifier on the same volume. Never heard that before. This speaker is in all views total different then the K2 S9800. The D66000 is a new sonic icon in the range of all the top speakers JBL has made in the last 30 years.

4313B
12-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Every kind of music sounded well, even classical music.:yes:

Rolf
12-25-2006, 01:02 PM
maybe I am stupid ...... how does it sound?

Hoerninger
12-25-2006, 02:32 PM
maybe I am stupid ...... how does it sound?
Merry Chrismas, Rolf. :):xmas::)
It sounds just like the music, I suppose. ;) Look here: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=125032&postcount=3

Giskard has listened to the DD66000 very carefully, I suppose, and Giskard is a master of few words:
Speak less and mean more ... :yes: yes :yes: .

PS: While writing I listen to BEATLES Love CD; it's beautiful. Thank you for mentioning it once.

jpb_dk
12-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Please count me in. I might be in denmark feb/march so it would be easy to go to oslo from copenhagen while beeing there.
thanks
Jens

greyhound
01-03-2007, 12:59 PM
you lucky dogs,
when youre out enjoying yourselves i will be working my ass of.
have fun.
besides going would mean divorcing my wife.:(

leif
01-03-2007, 01:32 PM
besides going would mean divorcing my wife.:(

Well, for me, that would just be even one more reason to go and see/hear those beauties :D

Rolf
01-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Hi all.

Just spoken to our friend Erling. He told me it is a little to early to say WHEN. Agreed in that I shall call him in the mid January for more info.

So now you know the latest info.

P.S. We are at least 12 now for the session, and I guess more will come as there has been established a local hi-fi group in my area with about 15 members, and I guess some of them want to join.

Rolf
01-05-2007, 11:51 AM
[email protected]

[email protected]

returned as invalid mail address.

Please send correct e-mail.

Heinz
01-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Rolf,

Confirming your e-mail today. Have problem sending E-mails due to changing my computer system at my office...

Any news about when this session wil happend ?:)

/ Heinz

Rolf
01-24-2007, 04:27 AM
Talked to Neby today. The speakers has not arrived yet. He will try to find out when.

leif
01-29-2007, 12:07 PM
More or less by an accident, I got in on Hifi center homepage today (a chain of hifi stores). The web pages told that they would have the new Everest from about february 20th
Well, I live an hour and a half away, but I guess I will drop by to see and hear some time.

http://www.hificenter.no/

IMM

Rolf
01-30-2007, 05:02 AM
Hi all. Just got off the phone with "the man", and the arrival of the DD66000 is delayed until the beginning of Mach.

I have sent a message (in Norwegian) to all who is recorded in my database that want to attend to this. However I get some in return.

Will everybody who has signed up for this please send a their correct e-mail address as a PM to me.

Rolf
03-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Update: Yesterday I was informed that there is nothing to inform, just that a pair of DD66000 is available in a shop in Oslo, Norway. The arrival of a pair that we are able to listen to is not known. There is supposed to be one other pair somewhere in Europe.

That's all I know.

caladois
03-06-2007, 03:44 AM
The Home cinema show of Paris is coming the 17-18 march.
Av Generation, the Synthesis JBL french distributor, announced the presence of the last EVEREST DD60000.
I will be there so !!!

leif
03-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Why are there so few of those speaker?
OK, they are extremely expensive, but if they produce more, the cost of a single speaker go down.

Zilch
03-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Why are there so few of those speaker?They are on backorder, apparently, due to larger than anticipated demand in countries where it has been officially introduced.

They cannot market it globally until the capacity is on line without risking a bad rep for not being able to deliver product.

Scaling up must be accomplished in a controlled manner, lest quality suffer.... :yes:

clmrt
03-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Did Nightface pay some hacker to do that?

Hoerninger
03-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Everest DD66000 Owner's Manual English translation
Covers cables, amplfiers, biwiring etc.

Found here: http://www.spatz-tech.de
Filesize is not that much but AcroReader 6 loaded megs of japanese characters.
Then it could be read flawlessly.

Mr. Widget
03-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Do I need to use an Everest pic for my avatar too? :D

Widget