PDA

View Full Version : GTiMkII mobile subs

LowPhreak
09-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Does anyone know of a forum for JBL car audio? Specifically, I'm interested in finding anyone who's used the GTiMkII-series drivers, and also the driver parameters/specs for building boxes. I haven't seen them on the jbl.com site other than recommended cu.' size.

Didn't see them on jblpro.com either.

LowPhreak
09-16-2006, 07:21 AM
Perhaps the Great Giskard has the specs hidden in the inner sanctum?

:hmm:

johnaec
09-16-2006, 08:26 AM
I imagine the specs are similar enough to the original WxxGTI series to use them. For example, here is the W10GTI specs, (from the JBL site): http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/CAR/Boxes%20and%20Parameters/W10GTi_rev_f.pdf

John

LowPhreak
09-16-2006, 08:35 AM
The magnet and basket assy's of the MKII's are quite a bit different now from the older design, and they now have 2nd-gen SFG and Differential Drive VC's. I'm sure the Theile-Small's have changed accordingly.

Here's a look at the 12" & 15". I would love to hear one of these babys (or better yet, a pair!) in a sealed box driven by a clean 700-1000W!

:applaud:

johnaec
09-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Other than the dome, they look the same to me. Here's my original version W10GTI:

John

Skoda
09-16-2006, 09:11 PM
The more I look at it, the more I seem to think these subs share the same characteristics as the woofers from the K2 series (1500AL,etc...):blink:

I maybe wrong so I'am asking the qeustion, are they the same driver, but with diffrent visual que's?:blah:

Best Regards
Skoda

LowPhreak
09-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Other than the dome, they look the same to me. Here's my original version W10GTI:

John

They do look similar, but I've never seen your original version until now. I was judging by the drawing of the unit in the pdf you linked to. Apparently that one is just a 'generic' rendering.

If they've changed ("improved") the SFG, seems like that alone would alter some of the T-S specs. :confused: