PDA

View Full Version : My Eldorado, My Life!

scott fitlin
09-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Did I win something? A JBL cap like the Japanese guy was wearing, maybe?

You can mail my prize to;

Eldorado Auto Skooter
c/o Scott Fitlin
1216 Surf Av
Bklyn NY, 11224.

Thank you, It has been a pleasure to participate in this wonderful contest! :bouncy:

Fred Sanford
09-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Did I win something? A JBL cap like the Japanese guy was wearing, maybe?

How 'bout this? A little outdated, but never worn:

http://www.audioheritage.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=374&ppuser=2074

If that's a legit address, I'll see if I can send it out Monday. Size = Lg. Let me know. :D

je

scott fitlin
09-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Yes, it is my legit buisiness address, that a dated shirt for sure!

Cream! Lemme see, I was about 7 when I was listening to them on 8 track, 1969.

:applaud:

Titanium Dome
09-09-2006, 07:31 PM
How 'bout this? A little outdated, but never worn:

http://www.audioheritage.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=374&ppuser=2074

If that's a legit address, I'll see if I can send it out Monday. Size = Lg. Let me know. :D

je

Very generous of you. Couldn't you just drive it over there, then report back on :wtf: kind of business Scott's running there on Coney Island?

I think the marketing slogan is "Bump Your Ass Off."

scott fitlin
09-09-2006, 07:36 PM
I run the BEST Bumper cars in the World! They are FAST, we sound great, we got a light show, and you can Bump Bump Bump your ass off!

I learned audio ( JBL and Altec and Gauss, and McIntosh and Crown ) in here, I learned how to spin music and move the crowd and make them feel things, I learned HOW to do buisiness, I learned LIFE in here.

We have been here since March 1973! And we have always had JBL and Altec, and we still do!

In all fairness to JBL, because I do bitch a bit about things I dont love, I must admit, JBL and Altec, the GREAT American audio speakers made us famous for our sound! What it does, it just couldnt have been without them! So, thank you JBL, and Altec for making products that have lasted, and stood the test of time by being the best, and today still, THE BEST sounding!

My stuff like the 2395/2441,s and 2402,s have been going strong and outsounding ANYTHING else, since 1979-1980. If that isnt the testament of a lifetime, I dont know what is!

:)

Zilch
09-09-2006, 07:50 PM
YES!!

We want a "Bumper World" audio review! :thmbsup:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Phil H
09-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Is this it

Fred Sanford
09-10-2006, 05:25 AM
Very generous of you. Couldn't you just drive it over there, then report back on :wtf: kind of business Scott's running there on Coney Island?

I think the marketing slogan is "Bump Your Ass Off."

Y'know, I hadn't put the pieces together in my head until now...I've definitely visited this fine establishment. My first job out of school was with Fidelity Sound, who had the contracts to maintain the NYC Board of Ed school sound systems since about 1948 (what a stock of tube gear in that basement! Lots of Altec stuff, too.). When we'd work on the local schools, we'd always stop in at the bumper cars on our break. I may have to make delivery in person after all.

je

scott fitlin
09-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Time for a reality check.
Of the people who are complaining about JBL not launching their $60,000 flagship speaker in the US, how many of you had intended to purchase them but have changed your mind because they were introduced in Japan instead?

Sales and recognition in the US high-end audio market, with some exceptions, seems to me to be based on placement on the Stereophile recommended components lists and purely subjective reviews in obscure audio journals, where they also review such things as magical Shakti stones and $30,000 speaker cables. For the most part, the people in the US who are going to spend $60-150,000 on speakers are doing it to impress their friends and business partners rather than basing their decisions on sound engineering principles and measurably superior sound quality and distortion levels.

Apparently people in the Japanese and European market value excellent engineering more than people in the US market, and most importantly are willing to pay for it, so JBL chose to build their new flagship speaker for a couple of people who will actually buy them. Honestly, $60,000 is probably too inexpensive for somebody who is considering buying a $175,000 pair of Wilson Audio Alexandrias, because it doesn't provide enough snob appeal.

For the US high-end market Harmon has apparently found the right style and price range with their Revel line of speakers, a brand name not diluted with 1" $25 computer speakers.

I would state confidently that the majority of consumers under 30 years of age, in the US, have no idea that JBL even produces high-end home speakers, or even have any interest in speakers bigger than the ones they use with their IPODs.

If you want JBL to offer high-end speakers in the US, put your money where your mouth is, stop buying antiquated vintage components, and buy some Project Arrays.

The reason I come here, and I'd guess a lot of other people do, is because I want the best sound I can get for my money, I like to make things with my hands, and I can't afford to buy state of the art new, but I can afford to approach it with slightly used parts that I can buy on ebay. I'm greatful that JBL offers any kind of replacement cones or diaphragms for 30 year old speaker parts that allow me to purse a hobby that I couldn't do with any other speaker brand that produces state of the art products. Obviously JBL is doing something right if they can still get money from management to even attempt to produce a flagship speaker in this century. How long do you think they would stay in business to provide your 2441 diaphragms if all they offered was $60,000 speakers to people like us?You know Tim, I love the vintage JBL sound. But, it was in the early 90,s that the JBL sound began to change. We are talking JBL Pro, and we used alot of it, both here in NYC and Miami.

You should know that at one point in time, you went out and bought JBL period.

I wasnt alone in the fact that many just couldnt get with the new sound of JBL, or lack of!

Years ago, you bought JBL for their punchy, tight sounding bottom, explosively dynamic mids, and lightning highs.

Im glad JBL still exists, but the real reason people buy so much antiquated vintage stuff is because they found out IT DID sound like ALL THAT! And, they havent been able to find modern day counterparts that equal that sound, let alone surpass it! Different Sound? Yes, thay have Different Sound available everywhere! But, NOT the SAME Sound!

Rermember this, you hear something, you like it, or you dont like it. Your ears will NEVER lie to you, BUT, the salesman ALWAYS will!

I take more than a bit of pride in my sound, I love it when the tech types, and younger generation comes in, and are like OMG, how do you get it to sound like that? Remarks like " Its SOOO clear ", or " Wow, that sounds like real music " arent uncommon to me!

You wanna talk about how much stuff I have that didnt outsound my fav vintage stuff?

Maybe you dont remember when JBL told us that Titanium diaphragms were better sounding than aluminum, AND that aluminum was too easy to break! Then JBL turned around in the late 90,s and told YES, Aluminum sounds better, and it is actually quite strong and robust. I had been saying aluminum sounded better all along, but what kind of confidence do you really want me to place in what they tell me when I have already caught them in lie after lie? But, hey, its OK, right, all in the American game of FAIR marketing!

Tim, you NEED to come here, and here what comes out of my Altec 421-8LF,s VOTT loaded and 2395,s with 2441 drivers. MIND BLOWING! Sounds, well, it sounds REALISTIC! I was playing Dr. Buzzards Original Savannah Band- Sour and Sweet, the other night, man you you should hear the sax, AND, the crack of a rimshot on the snare drum, little percussions in the background, an organ note just hanging in front of the speakers sounding like a Hammond really sounds and Cory Dayes svelte voice! Then, I played Madonna-Live To Tell! What can I say, the music is emotional, something I dont hear in sound systems anymore. Pink Floyd? Been using that to pluck a few peoples feelings too!

I know what I hear when I hear it, and I know what I like! Not only that, I got guys working for me in the 18 to 24 year old range, they just look and ask questions like " Why " do these old speakers sound so good? They thought it was junk, but, they tell me they never heard anything that sounds like this!

Whens the last time you had a real home cooked meal, and compared this to the pre prepared take out foods you pop in the microwave?

FWIW, I have been using a BSS 366t DSP xover on my full range too! Got it really good, just NOT AS GOOD as the BEST analog, not as fluid sounding an still a bit synthetic on the top end, and lacks the richness and warmth in the lower registers. I AM GOING BACK to my BEST Urei 525!

Ducatista47
09-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Scotty, when do you think the last vintage sounding JBL's were marketed? I don't know because I haven't heard enough of this gear live in person. Is the pro side in the same shape as the home side? Do the current crop of installed sound units lack the classic JBL punch/clarity/dynamics 1-2-3?

I was dragged to a nightclub dance floor recently (designated driver) and the 18" (I think) Yamaha subs were unbearable. Maybe the current JBL's are still better than the competition...

Thanks, Clark

scott fitlin
09-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Is this itThat IS it, The ONE and ONLY Eldorado!

:D

scott fitlin
09-10-2006, 11:54 AM
I was dragged to a nightclub dance floor recently (designated driver) and the 18" (I think) Yamaha subs were unbearable. Maybe the current JBL's are still better than the competition...

Thanks, ClarkStuff made specifically for dance clubs these days is the worst crap available, IMHO!

I would think JBL,s 2242,s are definitely better than than Yamaha.

I also think they really dont place the emphasis on what something ought to sound like, mostly because they really dont know what was the OLD NY sound.

Back in the 70,s we borrowed from other areas of SR and theater sound to make something we needed. The high efficiency stuff they used to have was incredible.

We used monstrously big speakewr cabinets to achieve SPL levels with the then available amounts of power, speaker comapnies like JBL, Altec, and a few others had high eficiency drivers, they just sounded good.

FFWD to today, they never seem to have ENOUGH power, and IMHO, clubs and concerts have just become WAYYYYY TOO LOUD! Beyond a certain SPL, it just cannot be comfortable, no matter how clean IT MAY BE! Sorry, but you just dont need a million watts to make music! Just listen to an acoustic guitar in your living room, or a drum played by a drummer anywhere, youll never find yourself saying Oh that just isnt loud enough! It will prove my point.

It was an art, even back then!

Of course, in all fairness, todays music doesnt help matters.

Zilch
09-10-2006, 11:56 AM
"Eldorad," at night, apparently.... ;)

scott fitlin
09-10-2006, 12:01 PM
That sign is an Artkraft-Strauss, constructed in 1973. To me, it has value.

I will be installing some modern, new LED lighting effects this winter, but, that sign stays!

Yes, Zilch, Eldorado at Night, things that go bump in the night! There was an article on us in 1977 NY magazine!

Nightime is the rightime to boogie, and bump!

Ducatista47
09-10-2006, 12:16 PM
FFWD to today, they never seem to have ENOUGH power, and IMHO, clubs and concerts have just become WAYYYYY TOO LOUD! Beyond a certain SPL, it just cannot be comfortable, no matter how clean IT MAY BE! Sorry, but you just dont need a million watts to make music! Just listen to an acoustic guitar in your living room, or a drum played by a drummer anywhere, youll never find yourself saying Oh that just isnt loud enough! It will prove my point.

Singles bars - clubs - are going to stay too loud on purpose. It is designed to foster physical closeness. The idea is to have to be an inch or two away to understand what someone is saying. It is one inch from kissing her ear, and that is what the establishments want.

Concerts wake up to reality, get quieter and then gradually get "SPL Creep" back up to insane, unhealthy levels. That has been going on since the sixties, at least. I won't go to any live venue without earplugs handy unless caught by surprise.

Clark

Ducatista47
09-10-2006, 12:21 PM
"Eldorad," at night, actually.... ;)
A friend photographed a broken down but open ancient food stand down South. It wasn't until he printed, mounted and displayed the print that someone noticed the sign, the largest part, three foot letters, had been saying for forty or more years, "HAMBUGERS." Makes your mouth water...

Clark

scott fitlin
09-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Singles bars - clubs - are going to stay too loud on purpose. It is designed to foster physical closeness. The idea is to have to be an inch or two away to understand what someone is saying. It is one inch from kissing her ear, and that is what the establishments want.

ClarkNope! The last of the clubs I describe here in NY was Soundfactory, then Twilo! Its about the bottom end with earth moving feeling. The full range is supposed to be clear, but not painful, and the highs crisp, yet not irritating. You could actually talk in these clubs, as well as the Paradise garage, the grandaddy of the famous NY scene.

They dont know HOW to do it, it isnt that they want the patrons to be drowned out.

FWIW, people stay in a venue that really sounds right, longer than they stay in a venue that is irritating and fatiguing. Just like youll find yourself listening to music longer on the right speakers than the wrong speakers.

They got louder, because they dont know how to be better!

scott fitlin
09-10-2006, 12:37 PM
A friend photographed a broken down but open ancient food stand down South. It wasn't until he printed, mounted and displayed the print that someone noticed the sign, the largest part, three foot letters, had been saying for forty or more years, "HAMBUGERS." Makes your mouth water...

ClarkMy " Joint " is not a broken down place!

I keep a well maintained establishment. I personally put alot of man hours ito keeping things in shape.

Ducatista47
09-10-2006, 12:56 PM
My " Joint " is not a broken down place!

I keep a well maintained establishment. I personally put alot of man hours ito keeping things in shape.
Whoa, Scotty! I didn't mean to reflect on your attraction. I was just trying to describe an old photograph I don't possess to post an image of. I think the photo of your place looks awesome. I like that image so much I want to download it and make it my next desktop wallpaper, if that's OK with you.

Clark

Titanium Dome
09-10-2006, 12:56 PM
My " Joint " is not a broken down place!

He didn't say, and I can't see that he implied that your place is broken down. He was just playing off Zilch's observation that the "o" on your sign is out, and it led him to tell a story about a completely different place.

We think your place is great, and it's on my "to do" list next time I'm in NYC. :bouncy:

Ducatista47
09-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Serves me right for going so off topic here, and it is not even my worse offense today! Says Yoda: "Mmmm, pathetic Clark is."

Thanks, Dome.

Clark

scott fitlin
09-10-2006, 02:16 PM
OK Ok, I see what you are talking about!

The sign has a scintillator, and a speller, and a border chaser.

What you are seeing is NOT the O in the word Eldorado actually out, the speller lights each letter individiually, spelling out the name E L D O R A D O! After all the letters are lit, it then flashes the name three times, and then repeats the cycle all over again! Whoever took that photograph caught the sign before the speller completed the word ELDORADO.

LOL! :D

scott fitlin
09-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Whoa, Scotty! I didn't mean to reflect on your attraction. I was just trying to describe an old photograph I don't possess to post an image of. I think the photo of your place looks awesome. I like that image so much I want to download it and make it my next desktop wallpaper, if that's OK with you.

ClarkIts cool, the more that know, the better!

Im sorry for being defensive, I really just take that much pride in the place. Family owned and operated for three generations. Gotta mean something! :D

Titanium Dome
09-10-2006, 02:27 PM
OK Ok, I see what you are talking about!

The sign has a scintillator, and a speller, and a border chaser.

What you are seeing is NOT the O in the word Eldorado actually out, the speller lights each letter individiually, spelling out the name E L D O R A D O! After all the letters are lit, it then flashes the name three times, and then repeats the cycle all over again! Whoever took that photograph caught the sign before the speller completed the word ELDORADO.

LOL! :D

That is just too funny. :rotfl:

Zilch, you are such a troublemaker...:scold: :nanana:

scott fitlin
09-10-2006, 02:27 PM
I have to ask Widget how to move the Eldorado posts into its own separate thread. I didnt mean to rain on Don`s Tokyo trip.

scott fitlin
09-10-2006, 02:39 PM
I have moved all the Eldorado posts into its own thread, I mispelled the title, meant to say " MY Eldorado, My Life ".

I felt cleaning up Dons thread was the right thing to do, as I was and am getting WAY off topic, and Dons Tokyo trip deserves repsect from us. After all, it is in the interest of sharing the premium efforts that JBL has strived to produce, so, now, the Tokyo trip thread is clean, again!

Phil H
09-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I couldn't put together bumper cars and a quality sound system until I searched the internet a little. What a great idea to have bumper cars in a disco enviroment (lights and sound). That sounds like fun. I'll mention the Eldorado to everyone I know heading to New York and Coney Island.

louped garouv
09-10-2006, 05:54 PM
did Keith Haring do your signs? looks like his work, the dancing people at least....

johnaec
09-10-2006, 07:44 PM
So when do we get some pics of the sound system, Scott??? We've been waiting years!!!

John

scott fitlin
09-10-2006, 07:49 PM
did Keith Haring do your signs? looks like his work, the dancing people at least....No, it was a copycat work. It was kind of cool then we had new signage painted. Next year, Im having em redone again.

I guess now I have a thread that "I" must complete with pics of the inside.

I will, and I want to post em when I have Widgets cabinets in here, as well as the J Horns that they are replacing.

Trust me, the audio shops had nothing to make me feel insecure or envious about!

I do love doing what I do!

allen mueller
09-11-2006, 02:32 PM
This spring I was fortunate and got to here Scotts system when I purchased an amp from him (which is working great). His place is something that has to be heard to believe. Ever since being there I use it as a reference in my head as what I’m would like my system to sound like one day.

Allen

scott fitlin
09-11-2006, 02:41 PM
This spring I was fortunate and got to here Scotts system when I purchased an amp from him (which is working great). His place is something that has to be heard to believe. Ever since being there I use it as a reference in my head as what I’m would like my system to sound like one day.

Allen WOW, thank you for the vote of confidence!

Its about to get even BETTER!

Allen, and everyone else, I will get pics up soon, and Allen, when the new subs are in and the room is completed to my spec I want YOU to be the first to come down and reveiw it.

allen mueller
09-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Wow thanks, that’s an invitation I can't turn down. I've wanted to come up again all summer but I bought a place, and have been spending all my spare time there fixing it up.

Allen

Fred Sanford
09-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Yes, it is my legit buisiness address, that a dated shirt for sure!

Cream! Lemme see, I was about 7 when I was listening to them on 8 track, 1969.

Hey Scott, any sign of the shirt? The UPS was signed for on 9/14, did it make its way into your hands?

I even made sure to pack it according to forum guidelines, with acoustic foam cradling it gently in the box...

je

scott fitlin
09-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Hey Scott, any sign of the shirt? The UPS was signed for on 9/14, did it make its way into your hands?

I even made sure to pack it according to forum guidelines, with acoustic foam cradling it gently in the box...

jeOh yes, I got it, and THANK YOU, had a great chuckle over this! The shirt arrived in great condition, well packed and item is as described. I will give you an eBay A+++++.

Thanks, and seriously, come on down next spring for a few free rides!

Fred Sanford
09-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Oh yes, I got it, and THANK YOU, had a great chuckle over this! The shirt arrived in great condition, well packed and item is as described. I will give you an eBay A+++++.

Thanks, and seriously, come on down next spring for a few free rides!

Will do! Are you closed for the season already?

je

scott fitlin
09-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Will do! Are you closed for the season already?

jeAlmost, going down to weekends, and Halloween is the last day.

Then, the fun begins, system work, fleet work, lighting work, etc!

spkrman57
09-18-2006, 06:50 PM
What do you do for income during those months?

Ron

Almost, going down to weekends, and Halloween is the last day.

Then, the fun begins, system work, fleet work, lighting work, etc!

scott fitlin
10-04-2006, 02:08 PM
What do you do for income during those months?

RonNothing! I make mine during the spring/summer season, winter is maintenance and upgrade time.

I am trying to figure out how to get the darn pics out of my digital cam and into my computer, so I can upload attachments!

However, forum member LFH was here yesterday, he took some pics, and heard the system!

Robh3606
10-04-2006, 03:49 PM
I am trying to figure out how to get the darn pics out of my digital cam and into my computer, so I can upload attachments!

You have Windows XP?? All you need is a USB cable and camera wizard will walk you through the rest.

Rob:)

mikebake
10-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Stuff made specifically for dance clubs these days is the worst crap available, IMHO!

Are you also refering to this stuff?
http://www.jblpro.com/pages/dance_club_systems.htm

scott fitlin
10-04-2006, 03:59 PM
I have Windows Me. I got the USB cable, and I am waiting for my freind to come show what to do.

I know how to wire speakers and tweeters and crossovers and stuff.

Youll get to see soon, thats a promise! And we went to Nathans for lunch and had Hot Dogs! What else? They were good, Frederick said so.

:thmbsup:

scott fitlin
10-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Are you also refering to this stuff?
http://www.jblpro.com/pages/dance_club_systems.htmYES!

John
10-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey Scott If you bought the camera new it should of came with a disc that you insert into your computer, if not new ask the seller for the disc. Or look at the make of the camera and go to there website and download the program you need. Last option get a new computer with XP PRO and you will be set.;) I do not think Microsoft even supports ME any longer.
Time to move up the food chain of computers:bouncy:

scott fitlin
10-05-2006, 07:24 PM
OK, I have been thinking about a new computer for awhile now. Guess after the weekend, its time to purchase a new setup.

mikebake
10-06-2006, 06:04 AM
YES!
I would think that it is NOT the gear, but the installer/operator.

scott fitlin
10-06-2006, 09:29 AM
I would think that it is NOT the gear, but the installer/operator.I tend to agree with you, just that there is other gear made for this particular application I like alot better.

scott fitlin
05-30-2008, 12:22 AM
hi members, I have a digi cam, and am trying to upload some pictures of some of my system! Especially The Widget loaded Stacks.

I cant seem to get the photos from the computer onto the thread, PLEASE help me as I am just not getting the hang of this!

Thanks in advance!

scott fitlin
05-30-2008, 12:30 AM
tomorrow i will work on getting clearer pics.

I cannot express just how amazing widgets cabinets are. I am in the process of installing Spacetek arms for my 4 technics SL-DZ-1200 CD Turntables that i use to spin files using Serrato, and an apple G4.

This system is CLEAR, non fatiguing, and RIDICUKLOUSLY POWERFUL!

The sub bottom, corner horns, J Horns, and Widget subs blend quite well, and is a MONSTROSITY OF CLEAN,TIGHT, PUNCHY bottom that ROARS, highs are crystal clear, mids are lucid, vivid, yet not harsh.

Midbass is fantastic, TAD 1603 15in woofers combine rather well with JBL 18,s for an excellent sound!

ALL Crown powered, except for the QSC 6.0II I am running Widgets cabs with, I must say, ITS A HELLUVA POWERHOUSE TOO!

Bass hits like a speeding freight train, yet is tuneful, and as intense as it is in here, we can talk without screanming WITH THE SYSTEM ROCKING FULL TILT BOOGIE!

The Widget subs are INFUCKENCREDIBLE!!!!

SMKSoundPro
05-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Hey Scotty!!!

Come on man, MORE Pictures!

Hope all is well!

Signed,
Sourdough Scotty

scott fitlin
05-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Scotty, I need to sleep, however, I need some help at using this danged upload and cam, if you could help me out tyomorrow, you'll get many pics to look at!

My blend of vintage Crown, on 15,s and up, modern Crowns and modern QSC on subs is kicking major ass!

You gotta hear how downloads sound in here! Blows CD,s away, and similar to the way records used to sound, similar, not 'as' vinyl as the real thing was, BUT IT SOUNDS PHENOMENAL! Although well produced files sound remarkably GOOD!

THE BASS! MONSTER BASS! HIGHS, MIDS, EVERYTHING IS REALLY WORKING WELL! I was going to put two Crown 3600,s on Widgets cabs, BUT, I dunno, that QSC is a MOOSE, and sounds really good. NEVER RUNS OUT OF STEAM, and is STUPID POWERFUL, TIGHT, and DEEP sounding! and totally reliable.

Fred Sanford
05-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the first glimpse of the rig, we've been waiting years for that!

How bad are those poor amps' filters when you clean them? I didn't picture them being out in the open like that, but then, your whole place is kind of out in the open.

Keep 'em coming...

je

boputnam
05-30-2008, 07:29 AM
I cant seem to get the photos from the computer onto the thread, PLEASE help me as I am just not getting the hang of this!Your pictures are likely too large - both in dimensions and file size.

1. Try opening the jpg images in Paint.
2. Go to Image, Stretch/Skew
3. Enter "30" into each % for Horizontal and Vertical (using the same figure in each will preserve the original aspect ratio). "OK". The image will resize.
4. Save the file with a modified name to not overwrite your original image file.
5. Upload the reduced photo to LH.

As general rule of thumb, if the jpg image exceeds 8" horizontally in Paint (as seen on your ordinary monitor), it is too big and will not load. (FWIW, I resized your image, post #48, to better fit the webpage.)

Ian Mackenzie
05-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi Scotty,

You have been busy!

How about a pic of that ride you took me on around the corner...I have not been the same since.:bouncy:

On the camera you may find it easier to buy a ScanDisk card reader (cheap as chips) and stick the camera card in the reader which you insert in one of the PC Usb slots. When you have taken your snaps just open the files directly on your desk top. I found this much better than messing with a usb lead from the camera to the pc and stuffing around with the camera software. Then email export recipient > to Bo so he can resize them if messing with an editor is too painful.

Ian

scott fitlin
05-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Thank you guys, I REALLY appreciate the help.

Fred, I clean my filters once week, somtimes twice, and I take em out 2 times a month to open em up and blow thm out with a compressor in the street during summer months. however, THESE BUMPER CARS are indoors, we built the ride onsite durinbg the winter of 1972, opened for buisiness March 21, 1973. Original prices were 50 cents for the entrance ticket, and 25 cent re-rides once inside! compared to now, $5.00 entrance ticket 1st ride, $2.00 re-rides inside, with re-rides going to 3,4,and 5 dollars when jammed packed to move the people in and out. I was ten years old when they were constructing the ride, and was here EVERY weekend helping. I was the gopher, go for this, and go for that! my Grandfather and Rafael The Carpenter desinged the type of construction methods used. Grampa Joe was a depression era young man and worked like a FREIGHT TRAIN. He was HUGE, 6'1" with huge hands that looked like catchers mits, and he was a master carpenter, learned the craft in the 1920,s and 30,s from the Swedish carpenters. Joe could join two corners of wood, and it was seamless, the old timers were GOOD! And they didn't have all todays power tools and rechargeable tools, Joe used to drill holes with a Bit and Brace! Under our cold rolled steel plate floor, is a layer of 3/4in void free Marine Plywood, under that is OAK roofing slat, under that is OAK tongue and groove, and under that is the first layer of 3/4in Void Free marine plywood, and this 1 layer of steel plates and 4 layers of wood flooring are on small stilts graded opposite of the original concrete floors grading. gramps always said, " YOUSE do it right, or YOUSE don't do it at all "! 36 bumper cars in here at approx. 600lbs each, 21,600lbs of moving machinery slamming all over the place, plus the weight of the people, and OUR floor is still as SOLID as ever! you jump up and down in here, NOTHING, no flex, no hollow sounds, NOTHING! Built to last forever. Materials didnt cost like they do today, and WE always BUY 1ST CLASS!

One frtiday night, dad takes me with him after dinner, they just put the sound system in, 4 altec A7,s one in each corner, and a McIntosh MX-113, with a MC-2105 amp, Dual TT, JVC 8 track, and SAE EQ! 10 yrs old, 1973, 100wpc, I had access to the BIGGEST and BADDEST shit in existence, thats what it seemed like to me at the time. I ran behind the console, everyhing was on, DAD yelled, SCOTT, DON'T touch ANYTHING! TOO LATE, I turned the volume up, and WAR- Cisco kid casme blaring out of the speakers, HO-LEE-SHIT! I was in LOVE! And people walked in, they rode em, and the place was a success from the very beginning, and I just couldnt get enough of this place!

Bo, I will check sizing, and re-size if neccesary, thanks.

I'm open, had 8AM City Inspection this morning, 2nd of 3 inspections yearly, BUT I will post pics of The Mammoth this weekend a few at a time, the pics don't really show the size of the stacks, they are BIG, and J Horns are RETARDED!

AS HUGE nd COMMERCIAL SR and PA as the SYSTEM IS, it sounds amazing, very Hi fi, very clear, and lets forget large scale dynamics for a minute, micro dynmics and low level resolution is unreal. You hear it all.

Now i spin dance m usic in here, and WHEN I'M ooperating, YOU KNOW SCOTTYJ IS IN THE HOUSE! The music i play, and at peak times during songs, tracks, and recordings, WHEN I KICK THE BOTTOM, HOLD ON, KIDS, THE BUILDINGS SOUNDS AND FEELS LIKE IT'S about to CRUMBLE and FALL!

Thank you, Gentlemen, The Mammoth will be in full pictorial view.

Scott Fitlin
Eldorado Auto Skooter
1216 Surf Av
Bklyn, NY

35 YEARS OF ROCKING THE HOUSE, AND STILL GOING STRONG!

scott fitlin
05-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Ian, that was the world famous Cyclone we rode.

Come back, I'll take you skydiving. THEN you will be experienced.

scott fitlin
05-31-2008, 04:12 PM
I am also ordering 8 new 2242,s to retrofit my corner scoops with. The 2240,s still have that midbass kick, but I REALLY like the way the 2242,s reproduce the extreme low end of todays dance music and I can use much higher power as well. The 2242 will work in scoops, just having 1/2in spacer rings made of wood to facillitate the slightly deeper magnet assemby of the 2242.

For next summer, I am seriously thinking about building 8 more ported casbinets identical to he ones Widget built for me, and that will prove to be a major and very expenisive upgrade as it would require not only the ost of cabinets and yet another eight JBL 2242,s, but also new 15in midbass cabinets because I WILL ABSOLUTELY need to increase the amount of 15,s as well.

At that point the stacks will need to have four 15,s per stack. Custom made quad boxes, utilizing some fom of horn loading can most definitely be done, but the cost of the TAD woofers has become PAINFULLY expensive, not that the JBL 2242 is any less of a painful purchase. Ofg course, I already know without a doubt that these drivers are definitely worh their cost, they sound great, and are really robust, and hold up VERY WELL!

IT IS GREAT AND WELL MADE GEAR!

JBL LOW END

scott fitlin
06-03-2008, 06:12 PM

Front Surf Av side of room with 1 pair of J HORNS!

BIG and THUNDER THUMP DANCE MUSIC BASS!

THESE are NOT for hi fi use, they are strictly entertainment/nightclub speakers, for creating overwhelming folded horn thump and roar.

scott fitlin
06-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Can someone tell me how to lighten the pictures up?

:banghead:

hjames
06-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Can someone tell me how to lighten the pictures up?

:banghead:

What kind of camera do you have?
What kind of computer software do you have (Windows?) - which one?

Any other image/photo software?

I have commercial software - Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Mac - In that I open the image - click Adjustments ->Exposure -> gamma - and cranked it to 1.40 or so ... here is the result.

scott fitlin
06-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Heather, these pics were taken with a Vivitar, but I have another GOOD cam, and i,m on tghree different computers, right now, I am using a MACBOOK PRO, other timers I use a Gateway with Windows XP, and I have a MAC AIRBOOK. I use an Apple G4 for music, with three 300GB SAS Hardrives, spins at 15000RPM, with XSERVE for the increased space and LECLAICHE for storage wityh 1TB, the latest Dual core Processors. BIGGER RAM, etc.

The music program and computer I LEARNED HOW TO RATHER QUICKLY, ordinary PC,s I don,t understand.

The pics are in a MACBOOK PRO, taken wi9h a VIVITAR.

YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you. :)

hjames
06-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Heather, these pics were taken with a Vivitar, but I have another GOOD cam, and i,m on tghree different computers, right now, I am using a MACBOOK PRO, other timers I use a Gateway with Windows XP, and I have a MAC AIRBOOK. I use an Apple G4 for music, with three 300GB SAS Hardrives, spins at 15000RPM, with XSERVE for the increased space and LECLAICHE for storage wityh 1TB, the latest Dual core Processors. BIGGER RAM, etc.

The music program and computer I LEARNED HOW TO RATHER QUICKLY, ordinary PC,s I don,t understand.

The pics are in a MACBOOK PRO, taken wi9h a VIVITAR.

YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you. :)

Well, Adobe Photoshop CS3 is the commercial version, most folks are happy with Photoshop Elements or something like that to adjust/tweak your images (its got most of the power and is only a slight "light" version - but considerably cheaper).
I use the Windows version at work and have the Mac version here for my Canon G9. It allows me to easily resize my images, shift contrast and brightness, color and such, or to zoom in when I want to crop a picture down.

scott fitlin
06-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I will have to purchase some software. I will go with Adobe, as you use it, and so do most.

I also have a whole bunch of new effect lighting fixtures to install. I must say I am enjoying Serrato, downloads, and my Technics SL-DZ-1200 CD TT,s immenaely. Sounds good, its fun and creative, and they are making HOT DANCE MUSIC as well.

LOTS of work and hours for me, but, LOTS of cool things to post pictures of.

I ordered a NEW Yamaha CD recorder, but, this records to a 200GB Hardrive, you can store your albums, and burn any mix from any week, stores 99 albums total.

John
06-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi Scotty before you go tweaking the pictures with digital magic try to get some light on the subject first. Throw some spotlights on those cabs and see if you can turn up your flash???:bouncy:

Maybe line up a bunch of bumber cars and aim there headlights towards the target.:D

SMKSoundPro
06-03-2008, 10:32 PM
open a window?

Install a skylight?

"Ugly" lights?

Just giving you sh*t!

Big scoops look fun!

I can only imagine the noise bed of the bumper cars in motion, then the 120-130db of music.

Regarding buying drivers and amps: if you're not going to spend the money, why bother making it?

I can see where the widget sub thumpers are the way to go! I put four 15's on each side of my stage with four 18's underneath. I could, at times in the friday night show, use 8 more 18's in the room.

Believe me brother, I understand!

Keep bringing on the pictures! Come on, its a camera. How tough can it be?

Scotty in the great white north!

scott fitlin
06-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Guys, simple computer things that most children do in their sleep can lieterally baffle me. Hundreds of wires, which output feeds what, and running two, three and four tracks at a time, running the ride, operating, counting, letting people in, THAT I can do with my eyes closed.

Scotty, those aren't BIG scoops, what they are, is HUGE sealed rear chamber, front loaded folded horns standing UPRIGHT firing down onto scoop shape extensions, and the mouths of these horns are 8ft across each, and they stand 7ft tall. BUT, they are only 22in deep. WHY these were made in the first place, was for Roller Skating Rinks that wanteD/needed that MONSTER Studio54, or Paradise Garage style of bass, but couldn,t sacrifice precious floor space to have Levan Horns that were 6ft deep, with mouth extensions 8ft or 10ft wide, depending on which model of Levan Horn Richard Long made for your club. My situation is very much like the skating rinks, so, they invented folded horns stood up firing down to the scoop extensions, utilizing wall space, instead of floor space. THEY WORK!

Now, about Dance Music, you still need horn loading for bass, basshorns have a kick, that direct radiators just don't, and that kick is very vital to making your dancefloor go nuts. Before I throw out my scoops, I'll see what the 2242,s do in them first. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Widgets, and the blend in the room is quite good. The Widgets are giving me DEEP sub bass that I want to be able to reproduce playing todays music, but the mix of sub bass, punchy scoop kick, and the FOLDED HORN ROAR makes my room VERY DRAMATIC! I will tell you that The JBL 2242 loaded Widgets THUMP a HEAVY, yet tight, and rhythmic bottom, you can still hear the corner double 18in scoops, and Side Wall J Horns kick snap and growl, with less power. So, I got me a combination that just works, whether it's technically correct, or not, IT'S doing something that's VERY right! I am also researching having NEW double 18in scoops made specifically for the JBL 2242,s and just replace my old ones with new ones. Corner loading of the rear loaded bass horns is also seemingly technically incorrect, AND the SCOOP, truthfully, is a midbass cabinet, and shoudn't work as a sub, BUT, it does, for the application it's being used in! Of course, I am "NOT" recommending this as consumer HIGH END audio, but as SUPER SPECTACULAR entertainment sound.

I have my TAD 1603,s loaded in my Altec midbass horns, but, I want to have NEW midbass horns made as well made specifically for the TAD drivers. In this region, I don't EVER think I''ll be a direct radiator guy in the midbass and low mid region, I love that midbass projectivity, transient smack, and punch of horn cabinets.

I have come full circle on TWO things, though. JBL AND CROWN! There's something about BOTH of them, Crown amps haved a sound that ONLY Crowns have, IMO, and I'm 90% Crown Powered, except for the one BIG qsc I drive The Widgets with, I LIKE THAT AMP! BUT, I hear the difference between the two, Crown and QSC, like Night and Day, but the QSC 6.0 happens to mate extraordinarily well with Widgets cabinets, and, the QSC 6.0 I use operates at 2ohms per channel, four 2242,s per side, parallel, and not only does it produce low end stores a block away feel, IT JUST DON'T QUIT,IT GOES AND GOES, NO SWEAT, NO PROBLEM, and trust me, I HIT THESE AMPS HARD AT TIMES! I have the two Crown 3600,s sittin there waiting to go into service, and, I dunno, I just keep leaving the big QSC where it is. The JBL woofers, they have a sound, a tight punchy character, yet has weight on the deep bottom, that is a SIGNATURE characteristic of JBL, and I have played with many 18,s, ONLY JBL has that JBL sound, and I loved it then, and I LOVE IT today just as much!

I am REALLY into the TAD 15in wofers, nice round sound, with a really smooth, but present sounding low mid, and also a taught, rhythmic punch, BUT, I put my JBL compression drivers back in, I, personally, have YET to find mids and highs I prefer over JBL!

Hey Scotty, take a trip to NY this summer, I'll let you play the room, IT'S an experience, The MAMMOTH ROCKZZZ! Of course, Nathans Hot Dogs and Fries are a MUST, as well!

I'll get all the pics up, I'm having a ball so far, this year. Tired and worked as I am, "MUSIC IS MY LIFE, GOTTA KEEP ON DANCIN"

:bouncy:

ELDORADO AUTO SKOOTER, INC.
1216 SURF AV
BROOKLYN, NY

FAMILY BUILT,OWNED AND OPERATED SINCE 1973

BUMP, BUMP, BUMP YOUR ASS OFF!

MR. SCOTT FTLIN

PS-FORUM MEMBERS GET FREE RIDES!

SMKSoundPro
06-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Scotty, those aren't BIG scoops, what they are, is HUGE sealed rear chamber, front loaded folded horns standing UPRIGHT firing down onto scoop shape extensions, and the mouths of these horns are 8ft across each, and they stand 7ft tall. BUT, they are only 22in deep.

ScottyJ,

Can you post any clearer pictures of these cabs, with some dimensions, please?

External H(74"?)xWxD(22"?).
3/4 ply?
Distance of baffle board to the back(top) of the speaker enclosure?
Can you tell me more about porting and duct lengths, or are they tuned to 40hz?

I have an idea!

Keep the pictures coming!

ScottyK

louped garouv
06-04-2008, 12:10 PM
ScottyK...

i think they are very smmilar to the EAW TL4050 (except sized for 1 18" instead of 2), and placed upside down onto a scoop extension...

here is a page that goes into the RLA offerings from that time period...

http://members.fortunecity.com/eloheem/rlpage3.htm

Model D
A modified version of the Bertha using a single 18" bass driver. Designed for use in discos as banquet seating, underneath floors, or in areas that would preclude the use of the Bertha.
DIMENSIONS: 20"H x 96"W x 48"D
WEIGHT: 325 lbs.
Model J
An extended version of the Model D speaker featuring a single 18" bass driver. This speaker is designed for verticle use and only requires 20" of wall space.
DIMENSIONS: 78"H x 96W x 20"D
WEIGHT: 435 lbs.

cooky1257
06-04-2008, 04:13 PM
ScottyJ,

Can you post any clearer pictures of these cabs, with some dimensions, please?

External H(74"?)xWxD(22"?).
3/4 ply?
Distance of baffle board to the back(top) of the speaker enclosure?
Can you tell me more about porting and duct lengths, or are they tuned to 40hz?

I have an idea!

Keep the pictures coming!

ScottyK

Hi guys for what its worth there are some excellent/interesting horn loaded bass cabs here http://www.speakerplans.com/

macaroonie
06-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Zilch has his field test crew at work it would seem

SMKSoundPro
06-05-2008, 11:00 AM
WOW!

I'll bet it sounds "funky!" Cause it sure looks funky!

And what about the missing piezo in the middle. Looks like a tweeter pack missing a tooth.

The neighbors must hate him.

Scotty.

ps. Is he broadcasting his music to others on a fault line? Hence the ratchet strap to hold it all together, or is he just trying to keep his sh*t together?

Fred Sanford
06-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Uh oh, might want to turn the bass down a notch...

SMKSoundPro
06-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Dear ScottyJ,

I was thinking in the shower and wondered if you have ever tried Crown Delta Omega mono block amps for subs?

It was what we used at AK Sound labs for our Cadillac rig outdoors back in 1990 or so. Also the industrial M600 from running MRI and Cat scan machines.

Stable down to a dead short.

ScottyK.

scott fitlin
06-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally, in 1977, we had the M-600, was a great amp. In 1978, we got the PSA-2,S AND LOVED THEM, AND GOT THREE, TO RUN 6 double 18in scoops.

In the early 80,s we got the Delta Omega, but we prefered the PSA-2,s.

pos
06-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Uh oh, might want to turn the bass down a notch...
:rotfl::thmbsup:

SMKSoundPro
06-05-2008, 10:51 PM
We had 8 PSA2's. Used them to drive the dual 2108 mids and 2205 lows. 4 racks of twin DC300 (not A model) for the 16 2420's. and D150's for the ellipsoidal tweeter packs. The DO's were for the 8 McCauley 6256 18's on each stack. two DO's per 8 drivers.

Sure would love to find a couple of DO's I know AK Sound still has them and not doing any gigs, but since I started at the gay nightclub, he and I parted ways after 18 years. He never liked my wife. Sad story really. He was also my first sponsor. Bottom line: I won't be calling him for any equipment.

ScottyK.

scott fitlin
06-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Uh oh, might want to turn the bass down a notch...Those aren't mine. They aren't SOLI Bumper Cars, they look like Reverchon or Bertazon Bumper Cars.

scott fitlin
06-05-2008, 11:48 PM
We had 8 PSA2's. Used them to drive the dual 2108 mids and 2205 lows. 4 racks of twin DC300 (not A model) for the 16 2420's. and D150's for the ellipsoidal tweeter packs. The DO's were for the 8 McCauley 6256 18's on each stack. two DO's per 8 drivers.

Sure would love to find a couple of DO's I know AK Sound still has them and not doing any gigs, but since I started at the gay nightclub, he and I parted ways after 18 years. He never liked my wife. Sad story really. He was also my first sponsor. Bottom line: I won't be calling him for any equipment.

ScottyK.One of my FAVORITE amps is the DC-300A!

For a time, before we got the PSA-2,s and more scoops for bass, we got four single 18in W bins, and clustered the four cabs together on the center wall across from my booth, and ran 4 DC-300A,s, bridge mono, 1 amp per single 8 ohm 18in woofer, THAT sounded good, BUT heat was the problem, couldn't keep the DC -300,s cool enough even with a big fan blowing on them and we wound up going to 2 GAUSS loaded double 18in scoops, coupled together powered by 1 PSA-2 in bridge mono@2ohms, on that center wall, and then we put 4 Altec 816,s ontop of the scoops, and stacked two Altec A7,s on one side of the scoops, and two more on the other side. THIS ROCKED! Maintenance was a bit of headache, running the PSA-2 bridge mono 2 ohms, we used to make a few trips a season to our Crown repair center.

Fred Sanford
06-06-2008, 03:41 AM
Those aren't mine. They aren't SOLI Bumper Cars, they look like Reverchon or Bertazon Bumper Cars.

That's the problem- you seem to have knocked over the bumper cars in Rye Playland, as well as Adventureland. The good folks there ask politely if you could turn the volume down just a wee bit :bouncy:.

je

johnaec
06-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi Scott. While following a series of links in a roundabout way, I came across this blurb at Sound Man Shorty's site - is your system going to be undergoing a series of mods coming up? What can you tell us, (or did I miss it somewhere)?

John

-------------------------------------

02/08, The Legendary Eldorado Bumper Cars in Coney Island NY Goes SBS:

SBS has been Hired to engineer a High End Analog sound system for The Eldorado much like our award Nomiated systems of the past and Present, that have set and raised the bar for high quality HIFI sound in night clubs, but in a amuesment park ride. SBS will be utilizing at The Eldorado Bumper Cars, Thrive Audio Processing, SBS S3X-xovers,SBS Modified Bryston xovers. Bryston. Mcintosh, BGW, Crown and eventually Thrive Audio amps as a later upgrade to power this sound system, with TAD and some JBL components.

Rusnzha
06-10-2008, 01:56 AM
Went back to New Your City for the first time in years for the weekend. We didn't hit any museums or Broadway shows, but one thing we did was to bump our asses off at Eldorado. It's amazing what one can do when they get good stuff in a room and keep on tweaking it for years. I know this is still a work in progress, but holy shit, what a sound.

The impact and clarity of the low end seemed unlimited. It gave the impression that you could turn it up until you demolished the building with it, and then you could turn it up some more and take out the neighbors and it still wouldn't distort. The mids and highs were warm, clear and in perfect balance. There was no harshness, just sweet JBL sound all the way. Even the wife who enjoys this stuff, but doesn't quite have my tolerance for volume experienced no pain from all those watts. I think this was the first time I heard current popular music played well. Most of what people play it on just ain't up to the job.

The best way to describe it is the effect it had on people. There were mostly kids in there and the place had some of the best energy you could find in the big city. You could probably charge them for waiting in line and get away with it. I don’t remember having so much fun on the bumper cars. We were hitting as good as we were getting hit and everyone including us had this big old smile on their faces. People got happy as soon as they walk in and the music hits them. All the aggression from bumping into each other only adds to it. Coney Island ain’t quite what it used to be, but it's good to see it getting better in some places. Thanks Scott, for the good times.

subwoof
06-10-2008, 11:11 AM
I have (4) of the GE variant techron 10KW monoblock amps. These are the MA10,000 frames that have extra remote controls but lack the pipcard cage. They were pulled from working MRI systems and I even have the service manual.

Each will run (16) eight ohm cones right out of their frames..:o)

If you have 3phase 240 or 208 ( already wired ) then this is the crown amp to play with. With electric bumpercars you gotta have the juice already..:o)

If you run identical length speaker wires to each cone you will have absolute phase integrity for the low end as compared to a number of slightly different amplifers and channels that are bridged together. I put just one of these into a club and it ran (4) JBL 4520's with 2226H and it would dry clean your pants..

I sold a bunch of these to gary for the sound factory a number of years ago ( near the intrepid on the west side ) and he already had 8 !!!

power is good.

sub

scott fitlin
06-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I have (4) of the GE variant techron 10KW monoblock amps. These are the MA10,000 frames that have extra remote controls but lack the pipcard cage. They were pulled from working MRI systems and I even have the service manual.

Each will run (16) eight ohm cones right out of their frames..:o)

If you have 3phase 240 or 208 ( already wired ) then this is the crown amp to play with. With electric bumpercars you gotta have the juice already..:o)

If you run identical length speaker wires to each cone you will have absolute phase integrity for the low end as compared to a number of slightly different amplifers and channels that are bridged together. I put just one of these into a club and it ran (4) JBL 4520's with 2226H and it would dry clean your pants..

I sold a bunch of these to gary for the sound factory a number of years ago ( near the intrepid on the west side ) and he already had 8 !!!

power is good.

subI'm itching to try the new Crown Macro Tech I Series.

scott fitlin
06-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Went back to New Your City for the first time in years for the weekend. We didn't hit any museums or Broadway shows, but one thing we did was to bump our asses off at Eldorado. It's amazing what one can do when they get good stuff in a room and keep on tweaking it for years. I know this is still a work in progress, but holy shit, what a sound.

The impact and clarity of the low end seemed unlimited. It gave the impression that you could turn it up until you demolished the building with it, and then you could turn it up some more and take out the neighbors and it still wouldn't distort. The mids and highs were warm, clear and in perfect balance. There was no harshness, just sweet JBL sound all the way. Even the wife who enjoys this stuff, but doesn't quite have my tolerance for volume experienced no pain from all those watts. I think this was the first time I heard current popular music played well. Most of what people play it on just ain't up to the job.

The best way to describe it is the effect it had on people. There were mostly kids in there and the place had some of the best energy you could find in the big city. You could probably charge them for waiting in line and get away with it. I don’t remember having so much fun on the bumper cars. We were hitting as good as we were getting hit and everyone including us had this big old smile on their faces. People got happy as soon as they walk in and the music hits them. All the aggression from bumping into each other only adds to it. Coney Island ain’t quite what it used to be, but it's good to see it getting better in some places. Thanks Scott, for the good times.:D

IT was nice to meet you guys, come back anytime. Glad you enjoyed, we had a nice afternoon, and early evening, the night was really busy. A ZOO.the ride.

Sound and music can be a wonderful experience, ELDORADO is based on music, its the heartbeat, soul and emotion of the ride, I learned audio in there years ago, AND STILL LEARN EVERYDAY. Even back in the mid 70,s WE SAW the effect music had on people WHEN it sounded a certain way, and we have been known for our sound ever since!

I pay attention to people, and the expressions on their faces, SMILES, and bopping to the music is what I want to see. NO WINCING from painful music that is too loud.

scott fitlin
06-16-2008, 06:30 PM
My friend, Yaxkin, is in NYC, he will be coming to Eldorado, and he is going to teach me how to use my digi-cam, and uploading, sizing, etc.

Finally, pics of Eldorado WILL be ONLINE THIS WEEK. And GOOD PICS too!

IT WILL BE THIS WEEK, probably Wedensday.

OH, and BTW, I decided to have new double 18in scoops built for my corner stacks, loaded with JBL 2242,s replacing my scoops from 1978, JBL 2240 loaded, originally E-155 loaded. I figure new cabinets, nice, rattle free sound, and no retro fitting to accomodate the slightly deeper magnet assembly of the 2242. Another reason I opted for new cabinets is when we had the scoops made, my uncle had two made 30in depth, and two at 27in depth, two corners in the ride are shallower than the other two, but, they can all fit 30in deep cabinets, so, what the hell. 13 ply Finland Birch Void free is quite expensive these days.

And then, the cabinet builder who made my two additional J Horns was here as well. When I got the first pair of J Horns, we went to NJ to pick them up at a small club. My first pair, the original J Horns were from a club called Zanzibar, the second pair I had built were made slightly differdent, different throat opening, shorter horn and more curved woodwork into the horn from the throat. The second pair goes down deeper, and has a more subwoofery sound, but not the viscious intense Richard Long KICK. When I first got the cabinets I put two of the same cabs in each location, but the original cabs kicked so hard, and with higher efficiency at certain frequencies, the room was lopsided sonically. SUPER KICK and ROAR at the back end of room, SUPER DEEP and RUMBLY at the front end of room. so, I had to put 1 of each in the two locations. and it works, BUT I prefer the OLDER design, much more. THEY STOMP AND ROAR. Chuck can build the older cab, AND SAID IF I WANT THEM, HE WILL MAKE EM. I'm doing that as well, 2 of the older type J Horns, coupled together, is OMG, over the top! And the original cab is really simpler construction, too. The throat opening is a narrow, but longer slot opening, the horn doesn't have the curved woodwork from the throat into the horn, and the older cab has a longer horn length, BUT these are the ONES THAT STOMP with EVIL INTENSITY! WICKED STUFF! The KICK is INCREDIBLE!

It never ends, does it? Oh well, :D

hjames
07-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Strange things ...
Tonight I was watching a DVD "Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten (http://www.amazon.com/Future-Unwritten-Joe-Strummer/dp/B0017WI5W0/)" and in a section about the Clash storming New York, there is a very brief sequence of them blasting around in bumper cars, I saw something ... familiar.
I backed it up and did a frame by frame advance, and - you'll have to tell me if the writing on the back of the red satin jacket says what it seems to say ...

Anyway - its chapter 10 in the DVD, at 1:09:22

scott fitlin
07-30-2008, 05:43 AM
Yes, Heather, those was our Jumpsuit/Uniforms for employees in the 1976-1979 era.

THOSE WERE FUN DAYS!

Skywave-Rider
07-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Strange things ...
Tonight I was watching a DVD "Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten (http://www.amazon.com/Future-Unwritten-Joe-Strummer/dp/B0017WI5W0/)" and in a section about the Clash storming New York, there is a very brief sequence of them blasting around in bumper cars, I saw something ... familiar.
I backed it up and did a frame by frame advance, and - you'll have to tell me if the writing on the back of the red satin jacket says what it seems to say ...

Anyway - its chapter 10 in the DVD, at 1:09:22

I gotta rent that tonight.
I'll try to find you Scott when I visit Coney soon.

hjames
07-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes, Heather, those was our Jumpsuit/Uniforms for employees in the 1976-1979 era.

THOSE WERE FUN DAYS!

Looked like fun - I'm gathering you got your hands full with summer in full swing right now ... glad I could bring a smile!
If we were to plan a trip up to see the place, we wouldn't wanna miss it!
When does the season wind down?

Fred Sanford
07-30-2008, 03:55 PM

THOSE WERE FUN DAYS!

I just did a whirlwind PA/NJ/NY/VA tour, sorry I didn't have the time for some bumpin'! Maybe next time...

je

scott fitlin
07-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Looked like fun - I'm gathering you got your hands full with summer in full swing right now ... glad I could bring a smile!
If we were to plan a trip up to see the place, we wouldn't wanna miss it!
When does the season wind down?Right after Labor Day, and when the kids return to school, weekdays go dead, it drops down to weekends. And during the weekdays at that time, I have more flexibility to go out for dinner and stuff. :D

I just did a whirlwind PA/NJ/NY/VA tour, sorry I didn't have the time for some bumpin'! Maybe next time...

jeGee, would have loved to meet you, but, at some point, you will find your way to Eldorado. :D

BMWCCA
08-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Scotty,

I saw your post in another thread and it reminded me to ask:

Is the news I heard recently about the development of the Coney Island area for real? Did you folks lose the battle against the developers and the mayor? :(

What kind of update can you give us? My daughter has been living in Astoria for a little over a year now and loves her trips to Coney Island. I tell her she has to go visit you next time. :thmbsup: