PDA

View Full Version : 6 cu. ft. Enclosure for 15" sub

HipoFutura
09-09-2006, 08:11 PM
I've spent the evening searching old post looking a sub enclosure designs and am not happy with the results. I'm considering building another pair of subs. I'd like to use a 15" driver, but the enclosure can't be more than 6 cu. ft. (internal dimensions). Everything I've seen speaks to 8 cu. ft. min. I'd like to build a ported cabinet.

Any thoughts as to a driver that would work well in this small a box? The Infinity subs I built are real pounders, but Since I've seen the sub in Don's Japan trip picture (Mr. Sagano's living room) I'm getting twitchy. I like the design and it would be nice to have all my speakers be JBL.

Don

Zilch
09-09-2006, 08:23 PM
B380's documented near the end of this article:

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/reference/technical/1983-subs.htm

Plenty of related info in these forums. Woofer's 2235H.

HipoFutura
09-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Zilch, I've looked at that article a couple of times tonight. Never read the last page! All I saw was the 8 cu. ft. cab, so I moved on. It did seem the 2235H was the way to go, but I couldn't tell if it would work in a small enclosure.

Thank you for pointing out the last page! I'll keep an eye out for a pair of 2235H drivers and begin designing the cabinets. I'd like to duplicate the one in Don's picture. Again, thank you!

Robh3606
09-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Any thoughts as to a driver that would work well in this small a box?

Yes Le-14's. Those can work very well in 4 cubic ft.

Rob:)