PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here, and I'd like to say hi......Hi!

radialaced
09-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Hi all,

Great site you have here. There is so much valuable information on this site.

I experienced my first JBL speakers in 1969 when I bought a brand new Sunn Spectrum II head with the 2x15 JBL Sunn cab. I also bought a brand new Les Paul Deluxe, (Sunburst :-). I used to run the amp with a Silvertone tube tape recorder as a pre-amp into the Sunn head. I didn't know what I was doing but boy did I get distortion!

Anyway, what a loud amp!!! Those JBLs are so loud and clear. I've never heard another speaker like them.

Alas, that amp, (and guitar) are long since sold. These days I have three JBL D130F speakers though. One in a 1962 brown Fender Pro and two in a Sunn Cab.

Serial numbers:
30790 and 30886 are in the in the Sunn cab and 44444 in the Pro.

Anyway, enough about me. How did some of you guys get into JBL's?

Radialaced

johnaec
09-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Anyway, enough about me. How did some of you guys get into JBL's?My first conscious exposure to JBL's was in the early 70's at a Steve Miller concert, where his bass player was using Sunn amps, including four dual-15 cabinets with D140's. Once I heard that bass, I just had to find out what they were, and have been involved with JBL's ever since.

John

MJC
09-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Anyway, enough about me. How did some of you guys get into JBL's?

Radialaced
Back in the late '60s I strolled into a HIFI store and a JBL Paragon was playing, I assume it was being 'broke in' before it was sent out to the person who bought it. I thought, now that's a speaker system!

Zilch
09-06-2006, 09:50 PM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1362

hapy._.face
09-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Back in the late '60s I strolled into a HIFI store and a JBL Paragon was playing, I assume it was being 'broke in' before it was sent out to the person who bought it. I thought, now that's a speaker system!

Great intro! I was born too late. Too bad today's consumer can't experience that without going well out of the way and making an appointment. Your thread regarding your recent BB experience comes to mind...

MJC
09-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Trying to find GOOD JBLs anymore, is like pulling teeth. And with Las Vegas now having both a Tweeter and a Fry's only about 15 min. from where I used to live down there. The only stores(big) around here is BB and CC, and none of the small HT/HIFI stores carry JBLs. Have to go to Sac. CA or Vegas.

57BELAIRE
09-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Welcome....there are a number of musicians and pro-audio guys prowling these pages whom have "fallen under the spell" at tender age. The brand instills fierce loyalty.

When I brought this brand new Showman home (1961) I soon realized why Fender equipped their top of line amps with JBL's.....

All the others soon followed...ROCK ON!.:rockon1:

hmmmshai_hulud
09-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Welcome! I'm new here as well. I've been consumed with the infinite amount of knowledge in the fat rolls of the site. :bouncy: