PDA

View Full Version : Never seen such CRAZY grilles!

Storm
08-30-2006, 04:49 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130022020538&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I was told these were removed from the trash. Terminals have been replaced and the grilles re-done.

WOW! Those are the most strangest grilles I have ever seen!

At least you could say that you no one else has ones like you!

:)

Those darn cats! That is exactly what my cat does whenever I remove the grilles.

:D

johnaec
08-30-2006, 04:57 PM
The Grateful Dead used to use nothing but tie-die for their grill cloths. I still have a bunch of different varieties of the cloth left over from when I worked at Hard Truckers, their speaker company. Here's a pic of an example, (and more varieties can be seen all over the web).

John

Rudy Kleimann
08-30-2006, 05:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130022020538&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Those darn cats! That is exactly what my cat does whenever I remove the grilles.

:D

There's a thread somewhere on this site showing a kitten stuck inside a JBL 4311 project speaker cabinet tweeter hole. The pictures and the story are hilarious; but the JBL cab was done for: The poor guy had to take a saw to the cab to free the cat. The kids found the kitten crying, and assisted in the rescue. They held safety goggles up in front of the kitten while Dad took to the cabinet with a sawzall or similar. Cute, while gut-wrenching at the same time. A JBL tragedy...

Years ago, a friend of mine had a cat that would crawl up into one of his folded-horn subwoofer cabinet (Cerwin-Vega L-36PE) and take a nap laying in the the woofer cone, like it was a bed. Man, he would be pissed! He kept in the living room hooked up to the system between gigs, and would often notice one sub would have weak output. Always the same cabinet. Eventually had to recone that woofer. Thought he was doing good keeping them in a climate-controlled environment (it's very hot and humid here) My friend hated the cat, but it was his wife's...