PDA

View Full Version : Woodstock I

dllyons
08-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Anybody try the Woodstock DVD ?? I just got it, and after listening to the VHS version for years, even though I think it was hi-fi stereo, the DVD sounds pretty darn good in comparison! Much better than I expected- it really caught my attention. The VHS is already in the landfill, so I can't vouch for it being hi-fi stereo, but I don't think I would have bought it if it wasn't.
I'm one of those that has traditions that I do every year, and one of them is celebrating the anniversary of Woodstock, even though I didn't attend the concert myself. I was 22 years old at the time and fresh back from VietNam, and I don't even remember hearing it advertised. I did see the movie a couple of times when it was released somewhere around 1970 or so, but for the last 10 years or so, I've used my VHS tape, especially on the anniversary of the festival, and I take a trip back in time.

Rolf
08-26-2006, 10:06 AM
When I find the DVD in a shop I will surly buy it. I got the whole concert on CD from Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, and listen to it from time to time just to remember the "good old days".

mbask
08-31-2006, 11:59 PM
Yea..I love to watch the Woodstock concert too. I too recently purchased the DVD and noticed the overall sound is cleaner then my well worn VHS
copy. I once heard Eddie Krammer say in an interview that they mixed the whole concert sound track with a stack of Shure M68 microphone mixers
hmm...not bad :D