View Full Version : 3107 crossover capacitors

08-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Does someone know how to tell me that type of caps they are those of the 3107 crossover?Particularly: what are the yellow type?

Mr. Widget
08-23-2006, 04:59 PM
The yellow caps are mylars and the blue one is a NP electrolytic. These caps were pretty much the standard back then. Later JBL took to bypassing them with .1 or .01 film/foil caps.


08-23-2006, 05:47 PM
As I have written in another post: I want to replace those.
I believe better to replace that bypassing the old caps. in
I had thought about replacing the caps on the tweter and those for the middle tall with JENSEN paper/oil. For all the others of the common caps in polipropilene. Are you able sayd me if this is all right? I don't know whether to use for all the caps in polypropilene. Can you recommend me which brands and types to use?:banghead:



09-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Does nobody know nothing?

09-02-2006, 02:11 AM
I'm now using Solen metallized polypropylene for everything, with no bypass caps.

I'm not about to mess with oil/paper, nope.

I am biasing the HF sections of final designs.

[And some "maybe" final ones, also.... :p ]

Ian Mackenzie
09-02-2006, 09:37 AM
[quote=Paky33]Does nobody know nothing?[


If you are refering to the stuff for sale on Parts Connexion yes the paper an oils are nice, but they are not meant to be a compensation for other issues. Most people around here would not consider such expensive components. Check diyaudio and other forum for ideas.