PDA

View Full Version : Nice L880 review in latest Stereophile (Sept 06)

hapy._.face
08-21-2006, 04:27 PM
'..if a speaker has a great midrange, that's what grabs me on the first listen, and that was the case with the JBL 880'

'further down in frequency is where the L880 really strutted its stuff'

'I was very reluctant to send the l880's back. I'd fallen in love with them as a home theater speaker'

'JBL's Studio L880 is a supurb performer with many strengths and few limitations. In the areas of low-bass extension and high-level dynamic realism, it may set new benchmarks for its price.'

'Congradulations to the JBL design team for having brought a speaker of this quality to the masses.'

All quotes by reviewer Robert J. Reina.

northwood
05-15-2009, 12:22 PM
'..if a speaker has a great midrange, that's what grabs me on the first listen, and that was the case with the JBL 880'

'further down in frequency is where the L880 really strutted its stuff'

'I was very reluctant to send the l880's back. I'd fallen in love with them as a home theater speaker'

'JBL's Studio L880 is a supurb performer with many strengths and few limitations. In the areas of low-bass extension and high-level dynamic realism, it may set new benchmarks for its price.'

'Congradulations to the JBL design team for having brought a speaker of this quality to the masses.'

All quotes by reviewer Robert J. Reina.
R u still there my friend?:)

hjames
05-15-2009, 02:39 PM
R u still there my friend?:)

Hey welcome back - good to see you are out and about! ;)

Something happened between hapy._.face and another member involving money a year or so back that got him exiled from the site ... but Ash is still around!