PDA

View Full Version : l20t and l20t3 swapping parts

opimax
08-17-2006, 09:02 PM
tomorrow my replacement tweeter for the 20t3 will be here. the t3 are ugly while I have some 20ts that are near mint. I will listen before I do anything but I am here in front of the keyboard now so I thought I would ask questions.

I was thinking of taking the xover out and making the ts into t3 (slightly different tweeter but same woofer) based on the the 3 having a "better" sound.

is this possible? is it worth it? will it even be noticeable?

I will try this anyway unless I am told something willl be damaged which I would find hard to comprehend :blink:

Thanks

Mark

duaneage
08-31-2006, 07:30 PM
It should be no trouble to move the crossover. I would do one speaker and listen to them as a pair to see if you notice the difference or like one over the other.
Search for 4406, they have the same drivers and use a different network too, Including a level control for the tweeter.

opimax
09-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the answer. Since I posted I have gone to 7.1 from 5.1 and use all the speakers but 1 so it doesn't make sense to switch. Still looking for any 044 tweeter speakers to use w/the 250 and 120 ti sets, and enough parts to make a custom center.

Mark