PDA

View Full Version : 250ti + 2245h

dieterj
11-23-2003, 04:29 AM
Hello Jbl Fans,
I'm a new Member from Austria.
First, I must say, very excellent Forum!

My first Question:
I listen with 250tis, and I've build now
a 10cu Box incl 2245h.
I've connect it with Jbl M552 Crossover at 60Hz,
but I'm not realy happy with the Sound.
Maybe 24db/oktave is to high?
I think the original BX63 isnt obtainable now.
Which activ crossover would you prefer?
Thanks for Tips!
:)

Alex Lancaster
11-23-2003, 06:55 AM
Have You tried running the 250TiŽs full range, and using Yr M552 just to cut response to the 2245?

Also, my M553 (3 way), has provisions for Comp Driver EQ and different pre-emphasis in case You are using 23xx horns, which You are not; the instructions for setting the jumpers should be inside the top cover, which You will have to take off.

It seems You would be better off with a 5234 (older), x-over, which has dip switches, so You can select a 6dB boost at 20Hz, even with Your big enclosure, but then, YouŽd have to make cards for 60Hz, which people in this forum can give You the how-to.

Alex.

dieterj
11-23-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Alex Lancaster
Have You tried running the 250TiŽs full range, and using Yr M552 just to cut response to the 2245?
Also, my M553 (3 way), has provisions for Comp Driver EQ and different pre-emphasis in case You are using 23xx horns, which You are not; the instructions for setting the jumpers should be inside the top cover, which You will have to take off.
It seems You would be better off with a 5234 (older), x-over, which has dip switches, so You can select a 6dB boost at 20Hz, even with Your big enclosure, but then, YouŽd have to make cards for 60Hz, which people in this forum can give You the how-to.
Alex.
Hello Alex,
I give the 250tis on the high output of the M552.
The internal jumpers're correct.
Maybe I should look for the older Crossovers.
Thanks
dieter

dieterj
11-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Giskard
Hello and welcome to the site :)

BX63's occasionally show up on eBay. The schematics have been posted on this site so one could build their own from scratch if desired. You can do a search on BX63 or BX-63 and see what threads come up. It is very important that the enclosure tuning frequency matches the high pass bump filter in the BX63 centered at 25 to 26 Hz.

Running single subs can be quite tough. You might have to move that sub around the room trying various spots to get the proper balance. Adding in a second 2245H sub can work wonders.

I'm currently running my subs from an AVR sub output but I often use custom built filters, JBL 5234A/5235's, or Crown VFX-2A's.

Hello Giskard,
The tuning frequency is 30hz, from Jbl Enclosure Guide.
I've placed the Woofer between the 250tis.
I've not enough room for a second piece, but I think, that I look for other Crossovers. Do you've Schematics for 60hz cards to put in the 5235?
Thanks