PDA

View Full Version : New to forum and a refoam question

Noprayer
08-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Hi All!
Well, I am finally all grown up and can afford JBL speakers. My first set, acquired a few weeks ago, are a set of Century 100's (the straight line version) and today i received my second set of JBL's. A set of Lancer 77's in fair condition in need of a refoam. Upon inspection the surrounds on these drivers, LE10A and a passive, do not look like standard surrounds. Where would one find the right surrounds for these and where would you recommend i send them to be refoamed? I would rather leave the refoaming on the JBL's to a pro even though i have refoamed many drivers myself. I really wouldnt want to screw these up. Thanks for any advice and CHEERS! Great forum by the way!

Fred Sanford
08-14-2006, 04:09 AM
One source often recommended on this forum is Rick Cobb- I've had luck with his foam kits myself recently.

[email protected]

je

p.s. is that Ronnie James? \,,/ !

Noprayer
08-14-2006, 05:39 PM
One source often recommended on this forum is Rick Cobb- I've had luck with his foam kits myself recently.

[email protected]

je

p.s. is that Ronnie James? \,,/ !

That certainly IS Ronnie James!:applaud:

Fred Sanford
08-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Never heard Elf's music, I don't think, although I knew they existed (Southern rock style?). I've seen Dio's solo tours (w/Vivian Campbell) a few times, and early Rainbow's an old favorite of mine (Cozy Powell helps, for sure). Heaven 'N' Hell, too...I guess it's a pretty long list.

je

Noprayer
08-15-2006, 05:34 AM
You're right about the Elf thing. It is kind of southern rockish. After listening to songs like catch the rainbow and heaven and hell it's really weird to here him sing country type stuff. It is good though, in its own way.