PDA

View Full Version : Halloween fun with a 4430

John Nebel
11-21-2003, 07:30 AM
On Halloween a friend brought her Theremin over and we all figured on entertaining the visiting goblins, etc with that along with a skeleton hanging by the front door and a variety of candy bars.

Then the plan escalated a bit and I thought of putting a 4430 out front.

Someone said that they could hear it well two blocks away. The sash windows several feet behind the speaker were rattling in their frames so I guess that was true.

One older kid did say, "Heh, that is a Theremin! Is it a recording?" so he and his girlfriend took a look behind the curtain, so to speak.

No regrets except perhaps not walking several blocks away to see how it sounded there.

John Nebel

JeffW
11-21-2003, 08:24 AM
And I thought I was the only Theremin player (I'm not a very GOOD Theremin player, mind you). I have mine hooked up to a guitar effects box....one of those old computerized things that does like 100 effects....and can get some pretty good tunes out of it once I get enough fuzz to mask my playing abilities.
:rockon2:

MikeM
11-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Sounds familiar. I did that with the 4350's Only diffrence was i left them in the house. I would turn up the gain and run out of the room :)

Charley Rummel
11-22-2003, 08:35 PM
Hey, everyone! Where can I get MY Therimin???

That instrument is the first true electronic synthesiser ever invented, named after it's inventer, from the early 1920's. The Beach boys used one in 'Good Vibrations' from 1966...

Regards,
Charley