PDA

View Full Version : L-Pad Removal from L110s

LRBacon
08-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Howdy, would someone be so kind as to advise me on how to remove the L-pad on a pair of L110s? I have pulled all the plastic pieces off and removed the nuts and washers, but they still seem like they don't want to come out of the front baffle.

Larry B

hjames
08-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Howdy, would someone be so kind as to advise me on how to remove the L-pad on a pair of L110s? I have pulled all the plastic pieces off and removed the nuts and washers, but they still seem like they don't want to come out of the front baffle.
Larry B

Lay the speaker on its back to take the weight off the woofer mounting screws. I don't know your specific speaker, but on most JBLs they hide a screw or two under the foilcal (the metalized foil label near the Lpad).
To avoid wrinkling the foilcal, use a blowdryer to heat it up - this will soften the glue so you can remove it without damage. Once the foilcal is off, see if you don't see a phillips screw or two. The screw threads into a T-nut or Pem nut staked onto the Lpad control board. usually you loosen that up and the LPad board will fall into the speaker. Just remove the woofer to gain access to the speaker internals.

LRBacon
08-09-2006, 06:44 PM
The L110s have no foilcal, just the plastic position indicator around the plastic shaft extension.

LRBacon
08-10-2006, 04:13 PM
I found out you just have to give the L-pads a push inward and they pop right out.

jaynemo
08-16-2006, 07:38 AM
#10285 or its high power equivalent-are these replacements available from JBL-I know theres a link here somewhere, just havent found it yet...a newbie of course....