PDA

View Full Version : sub1500 weights

demanddeepbass
08-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Anybody know the weight of the magnet on the sub1500? I can't find that number anywhere in any of the datasheets I have for it. Also if anybody knows the all up weight that will save me having to remove one from its cab!

I'm collecting thermal data on power compression, and rate of voice coil heating/cooling and I'd like to see how the numbers I have line up with the theory.

Cheers,

Olly

demanddeepbass
08-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Oh I've just answered one of my questions: Johnaec reckons the all up weight is 30lb. Should have searched harder.
The question about the magnet still stands thou.

Olly

Mr. Widget
08-05-2006, 06:04 PM
I believe it's the same magnet that is on the 2226... which is referred to as a 15lbs magnet structure. JBL speak for magnet plus the associated ductile iron return path. I doubt that will actually help, but if anyone knows the actual mass of the magnet maybe...

Have you seen this: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=15718&postcount=30

Widget

demanddeepbass
08-05-2006, 06:39 PM
No that's actually really useful. The specific heat capacity of iron is very close to that of ferrite so for my purposes this will be accurate enough. Thanks very much Widget. I'm guesing that basket is die cast Aluminium rather than some exotic alloy?
I found giskard's spec sheet but the only mass on there is the cone weight and there's no mention of materials.

Olly