PDA

View Full Version : New Here, Got A Few Questions

Pyromania
08-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Hello Guys,

As the title states, I'm new here to this forum and have got a few, well ok, a lot, of questions.

I first PMed Titanium Dome over at AVS in regards to JBL speakers, as I've been considering giving them a look. I'm currently in the process of upgrading my speakers and I guess I just have a lot of questions and concerns.

First understand, I am an audiophile, and a former studio musician. When it comes to the quality of my sound, well, let's just say it's something I do not take lightly.

Over the years, I have owned, Definitive Technology, Klipsch, Paradigm, Axiom, B&W, and Martin Logan, just to name a few. I have never bought speakers that could be found in Best Buy and places alike.

So why am I looking at JBL's? Well, for starters, I've been in more studio's over the years that have had JBL's, then those that didn't. My problem is, I never took the time to ask or check to see which JBL's these studio's where using. I just went in, laid down my tracks, did my job, got paid, and off to the next gig I went.

Anyways, I was wondering which JBL series you all would recommend, and why? I've been somewhat interested in the JBL Studio L Series simply off all the good things I've heard about them.

At anyrate, I've spoke long enough. Sorry for the long winded post. I'm looking forward to all of your recommendations and explainations.

MJC
08-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the forum. In my opinion, the higher end JBLs are better than any of the speakers that you mentioned. The fact that you have owned so many brands of speakers would suggest that you have never really been satisfied with any of them.
Most people that go or start with JBLs stay there. I have and still use daily, JBLs that are 27~33 years old.
I currently have a pair of the Studio L 890, for about 3 weeks, very nice speakers. Different from my 27 year old L212s.
The Performance Series are even better, but much harder to find, only thru Synthesis dealers and sometimes on Harman Online store, and at just a hand full of stores throughout the entire country.
I think you are confusing Titanium Dome with someone else or forgetting that he is on this forum, not AVS.

Titanium Dome
08-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Over at AVS I'm filecat13, but under the right circumstances I'll reveal my "secret" LH identity in a PM to an inquiring mind.:coolness:

I recently did just that.

Welcome, Pyromania.

All hail the Leps!
:band:

Gunter glieben glauchen globen
Alright
I got something to say
Yeah, it's better to burn out
Yeah, than fade away
All right
Ow
Gonna start a fire
C'mon!

Rise up! gather round
Rock this place to the ground
Burn it up let's go for broke
Watch the night go up in smoke
Rock on! (rock on!)
Drive me crazier, no serenade
No fire brigade, just pyromania, c'mon

Pyromania
08-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Welcome to the forum. In my opinion, the higher end JBLs are better than any of the speakers that you mentioned. The fact that you have owned so many brands of speakers would suggest that you have never really been satisfied with any of them.
Most people that go or start with JBLs stay there. I have and still use daily, JBLs that are 27~33 years old.
I currently have a pair of the Studio L 890, for about 3 weeks, very nice speakers. Different from my 27 year old L212s.
The Performance Series are even better, but much harder to find, only thru Synthesis dealers and sometimes on Harman Online store, and at just a hand full of stores throughout the entire country.
I think you are confusing Titanium Dome with someone else or forgetting that he is on this forum, not AVS.

Hi MJC,

Actually, no I'm not confusing Titanium Dome, he goes by a different user name over on AVS. This I know because he refered me to this forum here and had mention that his user name here was Titanium Dome. It's all good though.

Anyways, I'd have to say that's true to a point. I mean some of my past systems I wasn't happy with at all, others I was. My problem is and always has been, I'm always looking for better. Something that I admit, really @isses me off, because I find myself never enjoying my bloody system anymore. Heck it's caused me to almost get out of this hobby on numerous occasions. I do feel though that I'm slowly, very slowly, getting past all that though. I mean, I'm getting to a point where I'm just flat out sick and tired of upgrading all the darn time.

Anyways, I'll check into some of those series that you mentioned. My list of contacts is long but distinguished. For what it's worth, I thought I'd mention that the Studio L's that I was considering going with were the L820's all around, with the LC2 center channel. I'm really not wanting big floorstanders anymore, although I'm not ruling them out either.

Pyromania
08-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Over at AVS I'm filecat13, but under the right circumstances I'll reveal my "secret" LH identity in a PM to an inquiring mind.:coolness:

I recently did just that.

Welcome, Pyromania.

All hail the Leps!
:band:

Gunter glieben glauchen globen
Alright
I got something to say
Yeah, it's better to burn out
Yeah, than fade away
All right
Ow
Gonna start a fire
C'mon!

Rise up! gather round
Rock this place to the ground
Burn it up let's go for broke
Watch the night go up in smoke
Rock on! (rock on!)
Drive me crazier, no serenade
No fire brigade, just pyromania, c'mon

Hey buddy, I'm a little slow, but I finally made it over here. lol

It's funny you quote those lyrics, cause my sig on a lot of forums, AVS not being one of them, is "It's Better To Burn Out, Then Fade Away"! lol

I also have that listed on my website, which is currently under construction.

Having not had the opportunity to hear the Studio L series yet, would guys recommend this series based upon some of my past systems. I mean heck the B&W's I had cost my rump a cool $20,000. I remember those, they had that kind of price tag that's a little hard to forget. lol

Titanium Dome
08-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Since you're a studio guy, you might first consider some studio monitors. Some of the classics are incredible bargains in today's markets. The classic two-way or three-way monitor might be just the ticket.

For example, I have a pair of mint 4430s that will rock the house just fine, thank you very much. It's a largish two-way with a 15" driver and a nice baby-cheek horn. I paid $1200 locally (LA) for the pair. What a super deal on some great monitors!

Others can chime in with their own studio monitor recommendations.

Titanium Dome
08-02-2006, 10:55 PM
As much as I like the 4430s, I'm really a bigger fan of a well-designed four-way system. MJC mentioned the Performance Series, which I have all around in the main room.

As my moniker suggests, the more Ti the better for me, but it's got to be great Ti, not too shrill or biting. The Performance Series is truly music to my ears (which often are full of earwax---:hmm: ) You can read the devilishly long Performance Series thread here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3272

Pyromania
08-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Looking at JBL's website, they show the following under their current Preformance Series line up...

P81
PC600
PT800
PS1400

Now, I'm not interested in new subs. I'm pretty well covered in that department. As for the rest of the system; Well I'm really not interested in inwalls, so I guess my question would be, would/could the PT800's be used as mains and surrounds? I obviously would get the PC600 center channel.

The main reason (which is really kind of lame), but hey I can't help it, that I'm interested in going with the Studio L820's along with the LC2 center, is because I just think they look sexy as hell. I know some people think of them as being a little robust looking, but I think they look sweet and manly. lol

Steve Gonzales
08-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Hey Pyro,

You should consider the 4333's member "speakerdave" has for sale. Pro version of the L300. Research them in our library. I'll bet you've seen and heard them in your studio experience. Here is a link: http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/specs/pro-speakers/1977-4331-4333.htm Good luck with your search, Steve G.

boputnam
08-03-2006, 08:07 AM
...I'm really not wanting big floorstanders anymore...Pity. Everyone that's gone to JBL's top-line "floorstanders" has been extremely pleased...

Anyway, just so you know, JBL is now making their venerable 43xx-series available in the US - but they are damned difficult to find on their website.

The JBL 4318?? Thread has sifted through the various models and has some links. Good luck.

johnaec
08-03-2006, 09:17 AM
I agree with Ti Dome on looking at 4430's. I've got a pair, and the other evening, a friend of mine who's been an engineer at major recording studios for over 25 years was visiting me for a critical listening session of the 4430's, 4315A's, and XPL200A's. He was blown away by how good the 4430's sounded, saying it was the first time he'd ever heard a system in the home that he could equate with what he's used to hearing in the studio.

John

Rolf
08-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Looking at JBL's website... etc

A big hello from Norway, and welcome to the forum. You have already heard that it is a pity you don't want the big floor standing JBL's.

Now you hear it from me. 4343, 4344, 4345, all vintage models with some modifications (networks, cables etc) will really make you pleased. Myself have 4343B's, and they are wonderful, and I have not changed the networks yet. Will do.

Zilch
08-03-2006, 10:15 AM
4430, of course.

If it MUST be small format, then 4412.

Both are Studio Monitors, which actually means something with JBL:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4408

speakerdave
08-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Hey Pyro,

You should consider the 4333's member "speakerdave" has for sale. Pro version of the L300. Research them in our library. I'll bet you've seen and heard them in your studio experience. Here is a link: http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/specs/pro-speakers/1977-4331-4333.htm Good luck with your search, Steve G.

I appreciate the thought, Steve, but if he buys them, will he set them on fire?

David

Valentin
08-03-2006, 11:18 AM
You shuold try LSR6332 with a sub
very good monitor neutral flat easy on the hearing

speakerdave has a pair

edgewound
08-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi MJC,

I'm really not wanting big floorstanders anymore, although I'm not ruling them out either.

Hey Pyro...and welcome.

Since you're a professional studio musician, why not look into the JBL Pro Studio monitors, such as the LSR 6300 Series. They will all flat blow away any of the consumer stuff....because thay are precision tools for the professional....which describes you.

Here's a link:

http://www.jblpro.com/LSR6300/LSR6300_index.htm

Steve Gonzales
08-03-2006, 11:49 AM

David Geez, I hope not! :p . I think he was partially quoted by Bo. He said "I'm really not wanting big floorstanders anymore, although I'm not ruling them out either." I think if he has such an good impression of JBL's from his studio experience, he would make an exception after auditioning some large floorstanders. It worked for me. S.G.-

Pyromania
08-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the info guys. It's greatly appreciated, I can assure you.

Ok, I suppose I should clear up a few things regarding floorstanding speakers. I have nothing against them whatsoever. In fact, that's all I would ever buy. I hate speaker stands, which ruled out bookshelf speakers right there.

I was eyeballing the Studio L820's simply because, I myself actually like the way they look. The fact they can be wall mounted is an additional bonus. As for floorstanders, I have been or was, considering the L890's but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of recommendations for the Studio L Series, so I may be ruling those out before too long.

I got a hold of my JBL inside man, if you will, and he'll be emailing my prices for the Performance Series. Depending on what my cost will be, will be the determining factor as to whether or not I'll pull the trigger on those.
Cost is usually never an object for me, but it is under the current set of circumstances. My speakers are not the only upgrades I'm making. I'm also upgrading all my components as well my projector. In addition to that, my theater is currently under construction as I'm remodeling it. The remodeling alone is costing me a good $75,000. So........well, I need not say much more.

I'm not going to rule out the Studio L series at this point, but I will be looking into some of these other models that you all have been kind enough to recommend. I thank you all.

Pyro

edgewound
08-03-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm not going to rule out the Studio L series at this point, but I will be looking into some of these other models that you all have been kind enough to recommend. I thank you all.

Pyro

You're welcome, Pyro.

Just keep in mind that there is a substantially higher probability that the DVD's you'll be viewing in your home theater were mixed down with LSR 6300 Series than with Studio L Series.

Steve Gonzales
08-03-2006, 08:05 PM
So Pyro, are you looking for a HT/ Multi Channel music system? What processor/Surround Rec. will you use? What are your expectations? What kind of budget are you working with? What size room do you have? In my experience, it is a bit easier to get satisfactory performance with a HT system, than a dedicated 2ch system, respective of their intended purposes. I have both types. I don't believe that a moderately priced HT system ($5k-7k) is as good as an equally priced dedicated 2ch system for music only. Most of the A/V receivers sound thin with 2ch material. Can you give us a little more information to work with? Thanks, Steve G.

Pyromania
08-03-2006, 08:47 PM
So Pyro, are you looking for a HT/ Multi Channel music system? What processor/Surround Rec. will you use? What are your expectations? What kind of budget are you working with? What size room do you have? In my experience, it is a bit easier to get satisfactory performance with a HT system, than a dedicated 2ch system, respective of their intended purposes. I have both types. I don't believe that a moderately priced HT system ($5k-7k) is as good as an equally priced dedicated 2ch system for music only. Most of the A/V receivers sound thin with 2ch material. Can you give us a little more information to work with? Thanks, Steve G.

Hello Steve,

Yeah, not a problem. I guess I should have done a better job at explaining things here, my apologises.

I generally don't like discussing my background too much, because the same mistake is always made. People find out what I do or did for a living, and almost everyone assumes I'm a two channel music guy. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Due to the nature of my job, I played alot, I listened alot. When at home, listening to music was the last thing I really wanted to do. I'm a movie buff, and huge one at that. Please don't get me wrong, as a musician, I very much love music, obviously, but I just don't listen to much of it at home. Most of my music listening was done in the studio's and in the car/truck. Now and days, it's still mostly done while cruising around town, but I do listen to a little more music at home, now that I'm temporarily retired. For those interested, I hung my hat up for a while when my daughter was born.

Anyways, my theater measures about 26' X 13' and if I had to break down the movie to music ratio, I'd say I'm probably about 80% movies, 20% music, but those numbers vary a lot. It is safe to say though that I'm defiantly a movie/home theater guy. It's just as a musician, I am very serious and particular about the quality of sound when it comes to faithfully reproducing vocals and musical instruments. Or in other words, music.

I can not comment on my equipment at this point in time, as I'm currently in the process of upgrading all that as well. What I had, I have no longer, so all those things are up in the air at this point in time.

Pyro

Steve Gonzales
08-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Okay Pyro, now we're getting somewhere. I'll be frank with my opinion. It's not that difficult to get a good sounding HT system together. I'd audition 3800/4800 series AV receivers from Denon, check out the offerings from Harman Kardon too (in the 110wpc range and up). That should get you the power you need for a room of that size with reasonably efficient speakers. Spend some above average $$$ on your subwoofer. Most newer A/V receivers at that level will allow for a "surround back channel" or two. I use this in my theater and it does make a difference. You need to find speakers that have a stong output down to 60-80hz to keep your subwoofer working in the true subwoofer range. I figure that those Studio L's/LSR's will fill the bill. If you get some L/R mains that have an even better LF performance, the Denon line of A/V receivers have the ability to configure the bass management to allow for "subwoofer+mains", a great feature that when setup properly really gets the most out of your big mains. Having a pair of larger mains is also great when you use the "direct 2- channel mode". If you don't have or want large mains, you can use the direct 2-channel mode + subwoofer. Very flexible A/V receivers that sound great too. Oh, they have an "auto e.q." feature too. I found that feature to be fairly accurate, enough to get you into the ballpark, then final adjustments by ear. Hey, there are many, many more choices out there, my example is from my own positive experience with the Denon. You can spend six figures on a home theater rig, I've installed them when I did it for a living in Portland, Or. Very few, if any, HT systems are truely "music friendly", at least for critical listening. If the bulk of the system's purpose is for movie enjoyment, following those guidelines should make it fairly easy to achieve. I do hope this helps you out, good luck and regards, Steve G.

Pyromania
08-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Thank you, Steve!

I'll keep everyone posted as to what I decide on. I was hoping to see JBLnsince1959 respond to my thread, but he hasn't. I'm intrested in hearing/learning more about the Studio L Series. I know he went to audition them with the intent of not likeing them, but discovered that he really did like them. Perhaps he doesn't take to new comers very well, I don't know. :dont-know

I have read the Studio L thread, I guess I just need to be sold on these speakers. lol Auditioning them is simply not an option where I currently live (Wichita KS). The closest place to me would be up in KC, that said, KC is only about 3 1/2 hour drive. Perhaps a road trip is order. :drive:

Speaking of which, Ti Dome, where are you buddy. Come out, come out, wherever you are. :)

Pyro

MJC
08-04-2006, 04:53 PM
As for floorstanders, I have been or was, considering the L890's but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of recommendations for the Studio L Series, so I may be ruling those out before too long.

The Studio Ls are brand new. I've only had the pair 0f 890s for 3 weeks. Right off they play loud, plenty of bass and after they've been broke in the highs come thru nicely, in a typical room that is neutral, with wood floors.
In the showroom at Fry's, which was very live, where they had concrete floors, thin commerical carpet and one wall that was mostly glass the highs came thru, right out of the box.(they didn't have any on display the day I was there, until I asked why not.)
I also listened to the 820s and thought, that with subs they would be pretty good as HT surround speakers, even as mains for my bedroom system.
The 890s produce a good soundstage, but not as good, or as wide as my L212s, when they were setup in the same room.
For the sake of objective comparision, the Performance Series is the latest incarnation of the 1977 L212, but better. So therefore, it stands to reason that the Performance Series is better that the Studio L Series.
As for myself, I would be interested in knowing what the PS can be had for, via your "inside man", as I've been wanting to at least hear them. But haven't wanted to pay full price for speakers I had not auditioned first.

Pyromania
08-04-2006, 05:44 PM
The Studio Ls are brand new. I've only had the pair 0f 890s for 3 weeks. Right off they play loud, plenty of bass and after they've been broke in the highs come thru nicely, in a typical room that is neutral, with wood floors.
In the showroom at Fry's, which was very live, where they had concrete floors, thin commerical carpet and one wall that was mostly glass the highs came thru, right out of the box.(they didn't have any on display the day I was there, until I asked why not.)
I also listened to the 820s and thought, that with subs they would be pretty good as HT surround speakers, even as mains for my bedroom system.
The 890s produce a good soundstage, but not as good, or as wide as my L212s, when they were setup in the same room.
For the sake of objective comparision, the Performance Series is the latest incarnation of the 1977 L212, but better. So therefore, it stands to reason that the Performance Series is better that the Studio L Series.
As for myself, I would be interested in knowing what the PS can be had for, via your "inside man", as I've been wanting to at least hear them. But haven't wanted to pay full price for speakers I had not auditioned first.

Hello John,

Nice to hear from you again. I have contacted my JBL contact in regards to the Performance Series. I spoke with him on the phone today, and he'll be emailing me later tonight with what my prices would be for the Preformance Series. He told me it'd probably about 10pm before he'd be able to do so, so here within the next few hours, I should be able to report back on that.

As for the Studio L's, I only asked about three specific models. The prices quoted for those models are....

L890's - $599 ea.
LC2 - $399
L820's - $610 per pair

I'm not sure what these usually sell for, so I'm not real sure how good of deal these prices he quoted me are.

Pyro

MJC
08-04-2006, 06:05 PM
L890's - $599 ea.
LC2 - $399
L820's - $610 per pair

Fry's is selling the 890 for $699/ea
820 for $649/pr
LC1 for $399

Pyromania
08-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Fry's is selling the 890 for $699/ea
820 for $649/pr
LC1 for $399

Sounds like I'd be getting a fairly decent deal on those then. I'm looking forward to hearing back from him tonight in regards to the Performance Series. :D

Pyromania
08-04-2006, 06:52 PM

David

LOL, I wouldn't set them on fire, David. I'd just heat them up with some good tunes! ;)

Pyro

Pyromania
01-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Hello Guys, as the title states, I'm back!

My deepest apologizes for my long absence. I've had quite a bit of bad luck come my way. A few weeks after my last post, I came down with an acute case of Pneumonia which damn near took my life (literally). After a horrific 3 week stay in the hospital (worse food I ever ate in my life), I finally was well enough to return home.

Well, all was slowly getting back to normal and I had begun the remodeling of my new theater room. All was going fine up until the contractor decided that he didn't want to finish the job in which I hired him to do, and ended up bailing out on me. Mind you he pulled this crap 3 days before Christmas, and the room was suppose to be completed by or before Christmas, and now here we are mid Jan and it's still not done. I've been having a hard time finding anybody who's willing to help me finish it up, and all the big dog company's around here wants well over 3k just to finish mudding, paint, hang 3 doors, and install the baseboards.

At anyrate, as one could possibly guss, I haven't had time, the chance, or the oppertunity to follow through with any of my upgrades, but am now starting to address such things.

I still have not ruled out the Studio L series. I'd much prefer the Preformance series, but the best price I can get on them is about $1075 ea. and that'd run me well over 7k, which is a little too steep considering I'm also upgrading my front projector, screen, subwoofers, amplifiers, and pre/pro, unless I just opt for a receiver, but still. I've got a LOT of equipment to upgrade/replace, so sadly I think the Preformance series is probably going to be out, unless I can find a better price.

I've also changed my thoughts/feeling regarding floorstanding speakers. I've always owned floorstanding speakers and always prefered them in the past. So, at this point, I'm willing to go either way.

Anyways, I really look forward to hearing from you guys. The good Lord knows I could use some good friends right about now. Now and days it seems as if those who I thought were my good friends, turned out not to be true friends at all.

louped garouv
01-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Anyways, I really look forward to hearing from you guys. The good Lord knows I could use some good friends right about now. Now and days it seems as if those who I thought were my good friends, turned out not to be true friends at all.

suck to hear that....... difficulties sure shakes that tree out...

I have old Altecs, so not much help in looking at upgrades... but good luck and i am sure some folks will pop in with some suggestions....

remember to rest and be well.... :)

Pyromania
01-18-2007, 05:54 PM
suck to hear that....... difficulties sure shakes that tree out...

I have old Altecs, so not much help in looking at upgrades... but good luck and i am sure some folks will pop in with some suggestions....

remember to rest and be well.... :)
Thanks Louped Garouv, I really appreciate it. :)

As for my upgrades, well at this point I think it's going to be the Studio L's. Right now I'm thinking the L890's mains, LC2 center, L820's side surrounds, and possibly the L830's or L810's for rear surrounds.

I had planned on just going with L820's for my side and rear surrounds, but I can't make the L820's work for my rear surrounds due to the way I have designed my theater room. The L820's are just a tad too wide and I don't think I'll be able to make them fit.

I'm going to play around with that though. If I can figure out a way to make them work, then that's what I'll do. If not, then I'll be going with either the L830's or L810's for my rear surrounds.

mech986
01-19-2007, 12:20 AM
Hi Pyro,

Welcome back and we're all thankful you made it out of the hospital. Having a pneumonia bout with all the winter weather is a huge risk to your health. Glad to hear you're much better.

Although the system is important, I'd recommend continuing to find a way to get your remodel finished, especially if there is any type of exposed or unfinished wall structures. You're losing a lot of heat and possibly getting a lot of drafts into the house as well as being exposed to the inner wall materials which really should stay covered up. Also, since your acoustics will not be finalized until the room is done and initally decorated/furnished, any evaluation of even a preliminary system will be fraught with questions and need a re-audition in the future.

I know you're probably chomping at the bit to move forward, but since you've had this delay, a little more time to get all the other issues buttoned up I think would be time well spent.

I don't have any direct experience with the L series so can't help you there. However, the Array series could also be a great place to start and then there's always the Everest II's...it would just double your entire budget though!

Keep them lungs healthy, they're the only ones you got!

Regards,

Bart

Pyromania
01-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Hi Bart, thanks for the kind words. They're very much appreciated.

As for my theater room, it's pretty much finished for the most part. All that is left to do, is what I call finish work. Tape and mud, paint, hang three doors, and install the baseboards, that's pretty much it. I got some minor things left to do in the bar, but they're so small they're not even worth mentioning.

In regards to my upgrades, well I've decided to go with the Studio L series mostly because I've got a whole lot of other equipment/gear that I'm also upgrading/replacing.

In addition to my speakers, I'm also upgrading my subwoofers, projector, screen, amps and or receiver, pretty much giving my system a complete and total make over. Throw all that cost on top of the 30k I shelled out to remodel my theater, and well, I got to put caps/limits on how much I can shell out per component and or piece of equipment.

I feel pretty good about my decision though. Going off of all that I've heard about the Studio L's, I'll be pretty suprised if they disappoint. Time will tell though.

opimax
01-19-2007, 05:25 AM
happy to hear of your recovery, if you are interested in used here is 1 of a few on the bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280072290439&rd=1&rd=1

Mark

Pyromania
01-19-2007, 05:45 AM
happy to hear of your recovery, if you are interested in used here is 1 of a few on the bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280072290439&rd=1&rd=1

Mark
Thank you, Mark. I appreciate it more then what I can express in words. :)

It's funny you should point that out, for I came across that earlier when searching for some of the discountinued models that are so often mentioned/talked about.

Although that setup is tempting, I'm going to have to pass on it for it won't go real well with the way I'm designing my theater room. Think of a cave, for that's pretty much what it's going to be. All black, black walls, black ceiling, and black carpet, with white baseboards and trim.

I decided I'm either going to go with black speakers, where they'll simply fade away when the lights go off and movie begins. Or, I'm going to go with Beech, to help bring out and offer some contrast.

Kurt