PDA

View Full Version : Is this a rumor or fact

Rushboy99
08-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Is JBL making speaker's for Crate Bass Amp's ? and what other companies do you make the speaker's for, ( bass amp's) I think the best speaker's made are The JBL you can't go wrong with

GordonW
08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
I"d definitely NOT expect to find any JBL's in Crate speakers.

Crate is owned by St. Louis Music... IMHO, SLM uses some of the cheapest, crappiest off-shore parts, of all the stuff I see on a regular basis...

Regards,
Gordon.

edgewound
08-02-2006, 03:39 PM

Crate is owned by St. Louis Music... IMHO, SLM uses some of the cheapest, crappiest off-shore parts, of all the stuff I see on a regular basis...

Regards,
Gordon.

I agree with most of what you say Gordon...but I do believe there was a period of time a few years ago, when Crate was offering JBL E-Series in some amps. I'm not sure about currently....but I saw Crate amps with JBL at the NAMM show...but I don't remember the year.

Here's a link that seems to support the JBL option.

http://www.lentine.com/215881.htm?parentid=78

basseuphoria
08-06-2006, 08:58 PM

Regards,
Gordon.

probably right about the offshore stuff, but Eminence made the speakers, i can assure you and they are made in Eminence, KY. something still American made!:applaud: