PDA

View Full Version : local BB = no JBLs

MJC
07-30-2006, 03:01 PM
While I was having my truck lubed this morning I took a walk thru the BB in the same center. Not counting one, lone sub, and speakers so small that you can hold in the palm of your hand, there were no JBLs. Whatever models that were on display had been sold.
I don't know what that means, but maybe they're going to get the new Studio L series. That would sound about right, since the closest Fry's is 150 miles away.
I don't think there is any newer models than the Studio L.
Has anyone, anywhere seen a BB with new JBL stock?

Also, as I walked by the Magnolia corner of the store, they were playing a Eric Clapton/Bob Dylan concert on a large hdtv. I stopped and listened. The speakers were Def Tech. A sales guy came by and asked what I thought, I said " they're alright, if you like distorted bass". He Said, "distorted bass?" My reply, "yes" and walked away. Personally I don't think Def Tech would know real speaker technology, if it fell on their collective heads.

johnaec
07-30-2006, 04:19 PM
The speakers were Def Tech.I thought that was "Deaf Tech"...

John

Titanium Dome
07-30-2006, 05:06 PM
I thought that was "Deaf Tech"...

John

You're thinking of Retch Tech. At least that's the feeling I got.

MJC
07-30-2006, 08:34 PM
I thought that was "Deaf Tech"...

John
One might as well be deaf, listening to them.
But back to the original thought of the first post, I'll have to keep an eye open at BB to see what happens next in their speaker lines. They basicly only had Klipsch left, I wouldn't waste my time counting the Sony speakers.

BassHog
07-31-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't think you'll see the Studio L's in BB. They seem to be going for the lower end of the market. JBL has the new Venue Series out that will probably be sold in BB.

garyl
08-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Keep in mind the majority of todays consumers have no clue what great sound is and demand the models you describe which I refer to as "Use till they break".
I have had kids listen to my Altec 19s and tell me they think their cars sound much better:banghead: .

Many times I have tried to hear a nice HT set up in BB and all I seem to get from these fools is what they think makes good sound, Subs at full till that shakes the rafters.

Fear Not, they will leave all the great stuff for us who appreciate what true fidelity is.

Gary

MJC
08-04-2006, 08:53 PM
The clowns that work in the Magnolia part of BB are no better. They think Def Tech are good speakers. About the only speakers they sell there I would buy are the VA Beethovens.

Pyromania
08-05-2006, 10:37 PM
I was in Best Buy last night and all they had were the Venue Series and some Control 1's.

MJC
08-06-2006, 08:09 AM
I was in Best Buy last night and all they had were the Venue Series and some Control 1's.
Ya, the Venue Series is about 1/2 the price of the Studio L Series, which equals to about 1/2 the quality. And the Studio Ls are about 1/2 the price of the PS @ full retail prices.