PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use 2108's??

Robh3606
07-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Just wondering if any of you have used this driver in any DIY set-ups you have tried.

Rob:)

soundboy
07-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Well...yes. Back in the day (80's), I had a 2235H, 2108H, 2344 with 2001 TAD driver setup. Wow. It needs some serious rollof on the top,and isn't much for below 250 hz....but very tight and clear. Personally, since the cone kits are no longer available, and 2108's are like hens teeth to find (last ones I knew of went for over $400.00/pair), I would choose, well, anything else. But if you have them, and they are in mint shape, you should sell them to me, and I will put them to good use....:bouncy: :barf:

Robh3606
07-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Personally, since the cone kits are no longer available, and 2108's are like hens teeth to find (last ones I knew of went for over $400.00/pair), I would choose, well, anything else.

Hello soundboy

Actually kits are available but they are lighter than the originals and the low end response is limited with a higher Fs. per Giskard. I have a pair with the original cones so I lucked out I didn't recone them just re-did the surrounds. Your right if I didn't have a pair there are other choices. Sounds like you had a very nice set-up any pictures you could post??? What are you running now??

Rob:)

frank
10-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Hello,

here's an answer from a Jbl freak from the netherlands who's
using this forum for the first time, and don't know how to send
you a fotograph from a construction in witch i used the 2108
and where they gave a wonderful mid between the rest of the
family.

So, if you'll send me an e-mail to my adress, I'll be able to send
you my picture of a composition made out of two pair jbl's 4315 B, and the 4312 ingredients.

Nice greatings, and sorry for my bad language.

e-mail : [email protected]

Frank

glen
10-14-2006, 02:42 AM
Hello,

here's an answer from a Jbl freak from the netherlands who's
using this forum for the first time, and don't know how to send
you a fotograph

Frank

Hi Frank,
Welcome to the forum!
There is a thread about adding photographs (images) to your posts here: