PDA

View Full Version : 4301B

majick47
07-24-2006, 09:28 AM
My JBL family is growing, just picked up seven (7) JBL 4301B, 3 1/2 pairs, they formerly resided in a local mall cinema.

boputnam
07-24-2006, 10:25 AM
... just picked up seven (7) JBL 4301B, 3 1/2 pairs...I think that's an orgy. Let me check...

2 = pair
3 = few
4 = group
5 = gaggle
6 = herd
7 = orgy
8 = ...

Yup, seven is an orgy.

mech986
07-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Hi, Congratulations! Saw the ad in Boston CL, looked like an interesting purchase. Too bad I'm on the Left coast, but now we can dispell the rumor that there are no JBL deals to be had other than on the West Coast:
http://boston.craigslist.org/ele/183172436.html
7 jbl 4301b control monitors available - $150

Reply to: [email protected] ([email protected]?subject=7%20jbl%204301b%2 0control%20monitors%20available%20-%20$150)
Date: 2006-07-17, 8:36PM EDT

7 jbl control monitors available, great sound, complete that full surround theatre system you've always wanted or start your own studio with one of the best brands in sound engineering, jbl. they are in great condition except for the cloth covers are a little loose on some but you can't tell from looking at them and it has nothing to do with the sound. i also just had all the speaker foam replaced on them so they'll play just like new!

here's the deal:
speakers are available all together, individually or in groups on a first come first serve basis.
1 speaker: $150
2 or more: $100 apiece
all 7: $600 for the lot

they're available for pickup only, i live on burbank st in boston or can also be picked up in east bridgewater, ma. which ever is closer for you. remember, it's first come, first serve! these speakers go for $395 apiece new at Daddy's Junky Music so respond quickly because they won't last!
thanks for looking!
-jeremy

Were you able to neotiate them down any further? Let's see pics and now for the 7.1 system!!

Regards,

Bart

majick47
07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Finding JBLs in this neck of the woods (east coast) isn't easy but they do show up occasionally. Also you have to remember that this is where the east coast sound (Bose, Advent etc) originated. The seven 4301B were all recently refoamed, I'd say well within the past year, and all were done correctly. The LE26 are all in perfect condition with no pushed in cones. The grill cloth came loose in places but only requires to be reglued with no tears/pulls. The cabinets have some scratches but nothing that a sanding and oiling can't cure. The edges and corners are all sharp with no dents. They are not museum quality but with my prior experience refinishing JBLs I feel they will be more than presentable. The final negotiated price with the CL seller was $500, not a steal but I thought reasonable considering that the components were perfect and the cabinets were less than perfect. It works out to roughly $70 per 4301B speaker. Before purchaseing the 3 1/2 pairs of 4301B I already had one pair of 4301B mounted on heavy duty pro wall mounts in my "home office". This brings my total to nine (9) 4301B. As members have suggested the best setup for surround is all matching speakers which would be difficult if it's based on the L300 which I have for my primary two channel system. I'll probably be on the lookout for a very decent preowned A/V receiver to control/power the 4301B which will be mounted on beams in a large room with a cathedral ceiling. I have a pair of Velodyne ULD15 subs that could handle the subwoofer portion of the surround system. Like many of you my JBL family has had a population explosion. The latest head count is 1 pair of L300, 2 pairs of L200B, 1 pair of L100, 1 pair of L46, 1 pair of Aquarius IV, a single L19, 4 1/2 pairs of 4301B. I'll try to gather the bunch for a family portrait.

jblnut
07-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Congrats - nice score !!!

jblnut

JBL Dog
07-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Finding JBLs in this neck of the woods (east coast) isn't easy but they do show up occasionally. Also you have to remember that this is where the east coast sound (Bose, Advent etc) originated. The seven 4301B were all recently refoamed, I'd say well within the past year, and all were done correctly. The LE26 are all in perfect condition with no pushed in cones. The grill cloth came loose in places but only requires to be reglued with no tears/pulls. The cabinets have some scratches but nothing that a sanding and oiling can't cure. The edges and corners are all sharp with no dents. They are not museum quality but with my prior experience refinishing JBLs I feel they will be more than presentable. The final negotiated price with the CL seller was $500, not a steal but I thought reasonable considering that the components were perfect and the cabinets were less than perfect. It works out to roughly $70 per 4301B speaker. Before purchaseing the 3 1/2 pairs of 4301B I already had one pair of 4301B mounted on heavy duty pro wall mounts in my "home office". This brings my total to nine (9) 4301B. As members have suggested the best setup for surround is all matching speakers which would be difficult if it's based on the L300 which I have for my primary two channel system. I'll probably be on the lookout for a very decent preowned A/V receiver to control/power the 4301B which will be mounted on beams in a large room with a cathedral ceiling. I have a pair of Velodyne ULD15 subs that could handle the subwoofer portion of the surround system. Like many of you my JBL family has had a population explosion. The latest head count is 1 pair of L300, 2 pairs of L200B, 1 pair of L100, 1 pair of L46, 1 pair of Aquarius IV, a single L19, 4 1/2 pairs of 4301B. I'll try to gather the bunch for a family portrait.

Butt-kickin' little JBL boxes! I love my 4301BE's!

:applaud: