PDA

View Full Version : JBL L100T's vs LX55's

L100t Owner
07-16-2006, 04:35 PM
I have a pair of L100T's that I recapped abotu 4 months back. I used Daytons bypassed with Audiocap Thetas. They are now broken in (or seem to be breaking in) and I am hearing much more info in the midrange. Really nice result.

Well, the L100t's must go, but I need a pair of speakers for my office. I have a pair of LX55's that seem like they use the same drivers (or very close) except for woofers. I am thinking that I shoudl rebuild the LX 55 crossovers in the same way. Am I throwing money away or should I expect a similar sound to the L100T's? The L100T's are sounding very good and if I can get a similar sound from these smaller speakers, they should work very well in my office.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

johnaec
07-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I thought the LX55's used those cheap stamped-metal frame speakers? Good for what they are, but the L100T's are in a whole different league. Stepping into something like L80T3's would seem like a better direction to go if you want smaller.

John

L100t Owner
07-17-2006, 07:28 AM
I thought the LX55's used those cheap stamped-metal frame speakers? Good for what they are, but the L100T's are in a whole different league. Stepping into something like L80T3's would seem like a better direction to go if you want smaller.

John

John,

Thanks. I pulled the schematic for the LX55's and they do use different midrange drivers than the L100T's. So I am guessing that it is not worth dumping $100 into the LX55 crossovers?

Thanks,

Chris