PDA

View Full Version : I am about to do my first LE10H re-foam. Any suggestions?

transducergeek
07-05-2006, 09:23 PM
LE10H with the special order "Narrow" roll and edge of foam surround... best installation approach?

I just got the plastic "ring" out, very gently prying for about 20 minutes...

I have the correct foam and I am wondering about order of gluing??? Basket first, or cone? Usually I always do cone first.... but with the foam only sitting in one position and no adjustment possible at all... I think I should reverse my usual routine and do the Basket gluing first... then the back of cone... where some final adjustment can be done ?? What do you guys think?

And what is the best procedure for re-setting and gluing the ring???? What is that all about?

Thanks, in advance... Rolf.

Mr. Widget
07-05-2006, 10:04 PM
The LE10H is very similar to the 2122H. Here is Bo's thread on reconing them.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=469

Widget

transducergeek
07-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Wish Me Luck!

transducergeek
07-06-2006, 01:56 AM
I did it my way.... edge to basket first.... then cone. Works well. Thanks. R.E.

Listening now to a 4313B single speaker from a customer who is paying me $15.00 to install his foam. ( works out to about $5.00 an hour, with the learning curve... but it's fun!) This little thing kicks some butt! Heavy as hell too. Bye for now, gotta sleep.

johnaec
07-06-2006, 06:11 AM
I did it my way.... edge to basket first.... then cone.I'd be careful doing it that way. It sounds like you were lucky this time, but if the cone is only slightly off-center or out of round, you're stuck. If the cone is glued first, this allows for the flat part on the basket to be adjusted, but you can't do that the other way around.

John

transducergeek
07-06-2006, 08:54 AM
It felt "weird" doing it this way.... The only reason I chose this different order, is, no room to adjust the "flange" outer edge... firmly stuck and immobile in the "trench" of the basket, no movement or elbow room at all. But perhaps if another LE10H shows up, I'll do it the "traditional" way next time.. It sounds very clean, nice little woofer ... .. AWTEW..... (All's Well That Ends Well) Thanks. R.E.