PDA

View Full Version : give me noise or kill me.

Gordzilla
06-30-2006, 09:29 AM
i love to put my speakers through the musical wringer...

let me tell you, these 4311's were MADE to play Butthole Surfers, Mrs. Miller AND Debris' all the live long day!

what punishment do you put your gear through?

SUPERBEE
06-30-2006, 10:21 AM
I blast Howard Stern through my Paragon in the morning. You crank it up and it fills the whole house. Later in the day its Left Banke, Merry Go Round, Byrds, Blue Things, Stones, Brendan Benson, ETC...ETC... Through the Olympus at wonderfully loud volumes.

Gordzilla
06-30-2006, 07:01 PM
i LOVE it that you play STERN through the PARAGON.

i wanna experience that ride one day...

CarlV
09-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I like to put a smile on my face with Haggard. No, not Merle.

Carl

Titanium Dome
09-06-2006, 01:29 PM
i love to put my speakers through the musical wringer...

let me tell you, these 4311's were MADE to play Butthole Surfers, Mrs. Miller AND Debris' all the live long day!

what punishment do you put your gear through?

Well, Hairway to Steven 'til you drop, dude. (Or is it droop?)

For me it's always about Deep Purple. 90db? No. 96db? No. 102dB? Okay.
106 dB? YES. And frankly, two stereo speakers is not enough. Seven monitors and a sub or two playing 7 Stereo--that's the ticket.

Maybe some Wackers, Sky, or Led Zep to warm up. Some Krokus, T2, Dust, or Rainbow to cool down. :band:

scott fitlin
09-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Well, Edgar Winters " Frankenstein " through my six horn loaded stacks plus subs at about 116DB. The system can go higher, it can reach 122DB, but thats too much even for me, ;) .

Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon, sounds truly trippy and moody in here.

Fred Sanford
09-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Well, let's see now, I'm sitting right next to my vinyl...

Deep Purple-

Machine Head
Collection (Belgian import)
Live In London
Who Do We Think We Are?
When We Rock, We Rock...
The Book Of Taliesyn
In Concert (early 70's BBC live show)
Stormbringer
Burn
Made In Japan
Perfect Strangers
Made In Europe
Come Taste The Band
Powerhouse
24 Carat PurpleRainbow-

Blackmore's Rainbow
Long Live Rock 'N' Roll
On Stage
Down To Earth...and even Gillan's Glory Road. Might have to take a trip down memory lane some time soon. Only saw the Perfect Strangers tour live, though. Early in the tour, everybody was chummy and they played all night. End of the tour, they obviously couldn't stand each other, and walked off without a single encore, not even Smoke On The Water. Mayhem ensued, we got out as quickly as possible.

Fun fun fun.

je

Oh, yeah, as far as punishment, try Our Lady Peace/Starseed, Stabbing Westward/Nothing, Brother Cane/The Crow Flies, or the thickest and chewiest ZZ Top album: Rhythmeen.

Titanium Dome
09-06-2006, 10:20 PM
I've seen the Purple people five times: Toledo Sports Arena, Ohio State, Michigan State, IMA Arena in Flint, and Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo.

I got a piece of Blackmore's guitar when he smashed it to bits against the side of his amps and shoved the neck into a speaker cone. Still got the guitar piece. :D

Fred Sanford
09-07-2006, 04:18 AM
Y'mean you didn't grab the speaker frame for a re-cone?

I've seen him keep a dummy cab on stage with crap (or already busted) speakers and flimsier grille cloth, so he had a dramatic-yet-disposable target for the guitar mayhem. You could see mismatched speaker sets (some chrome dust caps, or just obviously different models) and the cab wasn't mic'd.

je

Ducatista47
09-07-2006, 09:48 PM
In the late 70's some of the hot guitarists around here had extra - and very dead - Marshall cabs on stage. Just to look cooler, you understand...

Lord, those were my glory days. How I remember anything is beyond me, as I was preoccupied thinking about getting back to my girlfriend's place after the show. There is no elaboration possible on the reason for my daydreaming in a forum this polite. ;) These were small clubs and the musicianship was awesome. One guitarist/bandleader with dead Marshalls reacted to a smattering of applause at the end of the last set by saying, after a long drag on his cigarette, "Well, do you really want us back, or are you just f---ing around?"
We - and he - got our encore.

On topic, Sun Ra challenges my monitors with stunning regularity these days. Early Fleetwood Mac, Santana, Guy Barker and Maria Pia DeVito fill in the gaps when I need my sinuses cleared.

Clark in Peoria