PDA

View Full Version : STUDIO L 830 X NORTHRIDGE E-50

avliner
06-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi there,

what we're all seeing now is that prices are going down & down on the Northridge Series ( E xxx Series), as they're not going to be produced anymore, AFAIK.

The new Studio L Series are coming in (not to replece the E Series), but on a different league and that makes wonder how better, for example, the Studio L 830 bookshelves are against the Northridge E - 50's on a face-to-face comparison. Does anybody have an idea about that?
Price wise talking, does it worth paying 3 x as much for the 830's over the E-50's???

Will appreciate to hear your comments on such.

Cheers / Avliner.

rockecat
06-29-2006, 07:49 PM
I purchased a pair of E-50's for my son for X-mas to use with a vintage Yamaha receiver, at first I was very disappointed but after maybe 20 or 30 hours they were way better and actually surprised me on the bottom end.

avliner
06-30-2006, 07:16 AM
Thanks Rockecat,

that's what I've tought about the E-50's. They still seem to be a pretty good bang for the buck, althought the L 830's seems to perform a whole lot better. I'm pretty much tempted to grab a pair of those E-50's by the price, but perhaps it could be something you could regret in the future (something like damn, why I didn't get the L 830's instead???).

If someone has something more to say about this, I'd really appreciate!

Cheers / Avliner.