PDA

View Full Version : ...the 2121's are feeling much better now, thank you

GordonW
06-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Just got finished reconing the pair of 2121s from our client's 4340 monitors. Turned out pretty well, I think. Much better than before- someone had apparently tried to "fix" a cracked Lansalloy surround, with gobs of Bostic glue. Didn't really work, as you can imagine. Not to add, the indignity of having the house struck by lightning, and the coils fried by the resulting blown up Crown PSA2 amp :( ...

In any case, if anyone had any lingering doubt about how a 2121 is SUPPOSED to look, THIS is it... :D

BTW: I don't know if I mentioned it before, but IMHO, the Moyen glue is MUCH BETTER than the old Bostic glue. Took me a while to warm up to the idea of change... but MAN... this stuff lays out MUCH NEATER than the Bostic. Anyone who can't put on a dustcap neatly with Moyen, needs to STOP and find something else to do...

Oh, also... speaking of the 4340s... someone had PM'd me, mentioning they had access to (or had on hand) a pair of C8R2235 kits. Somehow, I think I managed to lose the PM message... if whoever it is (or frankly, ANYONE who has any they'd be willing to part with) could PM me again, I'd appreciate it... thanks greatly, in advance. Dealing with an apparent near-infinite back-order on 2235 kits is getting to be a real drag... :blink:

Thanks!

Regards,
Gordon.

Guido
06-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Excellent work Gordon!
Yes, I also prefer the moyen.

I recently ordered 4 C8R2235 kits and had them delivered next day. Seems that JBL stock in Germany is well balanced ;)