PDA

View Full Version : MARANTZ CC52 5 DISC PLAYER

GAVFLEUR
06-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi guys, I have recently acquired a Marantz system from a friend. Part of the system is a CC52 5 disc CD player. After placing the cd in the turnable and closing the door it appears with an "E" message on the screen and thats it. Any idea what could be wrong with it? and any solutions to the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help...
Gav

boputnam
06-21-2006, 08:54 AM
:dont-know

Seems like an "Error" message. Does the unit function (play)...?

GAVFLEUR
06-21-2006, 09:26 AM
No it doesn't play....makes a sound like the disc is spinning and after about 10 sec it stops and comes up with the "E" error message. Very annoying...hoping it is an easy fix somehow....No ideas?

boputnam
06-21-2006, 09:59 AM
OK.

I'm guessing you've tried a variety of discs? Both new and self-recorded? If they ALL fail, you are hosed and need to talk to the seller.

The unit can almost certainly be repaired, but I don't know the salvage value - that is, are you better off repairing or replacing. If the unit is cosmetically matched to the system, you may opt to repair.

In either event, the seller needs to make you whole, IMO...

GAVFLEUR
06-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Yeah I have tried all sorts of cd...orignals and burnt...no good. I was afraid it would be a bin job or expensive repair. it is a matched system but at the end of the day as long as I get another black cd player it will match ok.....was hoping it just need laser adjustment of cleaning.... :-(

thanks so much for your assistance....

boputnam
06-21-2006, 10:30 AM
If you're really :nutz: about Marantz, their Pro line is not bad - and it's black. Should be a good fit cosmetically...