PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Ski
11-07-2003, 11:32 PM
I just wanted to say hello. I am new to this site and relatively new to the internet in general. My Altecs are also new to me.

I've had some Segovias that have been re-cabbed; and one torn woofer in need of repair, for a little over a year now. I also have some BIG vented 2-ways that I got a couple of months ago. 416-8A woofers topped off with green 806A's driving the green 811B horns. I really like both sets. In fact my 5.1 HT rig is now 2-ch with the VOTTs.

I look forward to many good readings and postings.

Mark Sarnowski

boputnam
11-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Hey, Mark... :wave:

"Sounds" interesting, but if you wanna make friends, you gotta post some photos, dude. We are all loudspeaker voyeurs out here... :yes:

Earl K
11-08-2003, 04:33 PM
Hi Ski

What's the model name on those big box Altecs you've got ?

regards <> Earl K :)

Robh3606
11-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Hello Mark

Hey post some photo's we can never see enough of this stuff!

Rob:)

Ski
11-08-2003, 09:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3040359306&category=14993&rd=1

Here is the link to the E-bay auction. Unfortunately the pics no longer load - I'm assuming it's because the auction is old. These are homemade cabinets, not a standard model. If I include the casters and front extension of the horn, each one takes up a little over 13 cu. ft. Not huge by your guys's standards, but still big to normal humans like the wife. Read the bottom of the auction. Supposedly built for Joe Walsh. I went to a fan site and "Ask Joe"ed but haven't received a reply.

I don't own a digital camera. I will take some pictures with a regular camera and have them make a disc. I hope to make one of the pictures be my avatar.

Unfortunately I am currently driving these with a mid-fi 5.1 receiver. I have a ST-70 in my small 2-ch room that I would like to use.