PDA

View Full Version : Snake oil salesman / electrician....

subwoof
06-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Sometimes you gotta wonder if there is an IQ test for these sellers
:)

To quote:

"This strip has nine hospital-grade sockets hardwired together; however, unlike the power strips available at hardware stores, there is no circuit breaker, noise filter, light, switch or fuse. Any one of these items will drastically reduce the system's musical performance."

Ok - what about the power grid's breakers / switches / fuses / transmission lines?? Oh I guess it doesn't count if it's outside the house. And *damn* those streetlights that interfere with the vacume tube's gain...

"The order in which the components are plugged into the strip is critical. If you plug the power amplifier into the strip closest to the end where the strip power cord enters, and work your way back to the source component, you will get a much better sound. "

Yeah - and don't forget to park all the cars in the driveway end-to-end facing magnetic north so the "aura" isn't affected. And tell the neighbors ( assuming you have any ) to do the same.

"Keep power wires separated from signal wires--do not bunch your power wires together, but keep them flowing as gracefully as possible (electricity does not flow effeciently around sharp corners and bends)."

Yup - just ask any electrician who has run wires around the corner of a house. Betcha it causes 90% of house fires and dropped cell phone calls.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wiremold-AC-Strip-50-gets-you-1000-improvement_W0QQitemZ9738167298QQihZ008QQcategoryZ 39783QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:cheers:

sub

Zilch
06-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Geez, no WONDER everything sounds so good here!!!

Them power strips are all over the place; every system having at least one.

"Vintage" SGL Wabers, actually.

[Guess I should check the order in which stuff is plugged in, tho.... :p ]

Audiobeer
06-09-2006, 09:13 PM
I don't know what to say. The testimonial feedback was beyond sceptism. I ordered a dozen in before they sell out. At that point I can sell them for twice his asking price.

WDJ
06-13-2006, 06:18 PM
silly me, I always thought his name was Dave Grusin.....

AdamimAdam
06-14-2006, 06:20 AM
Sometimes you gotta wonder if there is an IQ test for these sellers
:)

(electricity does not flow effeciently around sharp corners and bends)."

sub

Ive seen house wiring code make the claim that electrons do pile up in sharp bends of wire and will fail inspection

duaneage
06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
I like the little stands for the speaker cables that elevate the wires off the floor. Keeps my Daschund from pissing on the wires and ruining the bass response.