PDA

View Full Version : What is the value of a D-130 F?

Sonicboom
06-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and could use your expert insight. I've been watching eFraud (eBay) for a JBL D-130F to replace the '64 Oxford in my Blackface Vibroverb. I am hoping that you can help me to determine a fair price for one in the following conditions - needs to be reconed, has been reconed (with & w/o JBL parts), original.

From other posts I've read, I know that values on reconed will vary considerably based on parts and workmanship. Here are my takes from what I've read - please correct me where I'm wrong. I've assumed respectable workmanship here on a recone job.

Blown/needs to be reconed - $50 to $75
Reconed (unknown parts/non JBL) - $75 to $100
Reconed w/JBL - $100 to $150
Original - $250 to $400

Are there any things that I should be watch out for (i.e. gotchas or whatever)? Also, if any of you has one and are willing to part with it, let me know. I'd sure like an original for nostalgia's sake, but I'm just not in a position to pay that much, not that I've seen one lately.

Finally, I've seen some with an impedance of 8 ohms and others that list it as 8/16. What is the true impedance of an 8/16? Other posts say that an 8/16 is actually an 8 ohm speaker. Why is it listed this way? Were all D 130Fs either 8 or 16 ohms?

Thanks one and all.

Harvey Gerst
06-07-2006, 07:11 PM
If you click on the "Search" feature (at the very top of the forums), type in "D130F" and press Enter, you'll find the answers to all your questions in about 10 seconds.

Sonicboom
06-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Doh! :biting:

Boy, do I feel like a dipstick. And, of course, it had to be the JBL Guru himself that points out my stupidity. There's never a hole to crawl into when you need one.

Actually, I did search before posting. My mistake was searching for "D 130f" and "D-130f". These only elicited 2-3 responses each, which seemed strange. Should've tried more combinations. Consider me much wiser.

Thanks, Harvey.

Harvey Gerst
06-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey, I did a lot worse than that at JBL. When you've had both Ed May AND Bart Locanthi upset with you at the same time, you'll know what "feeling like a dipshit" really means.

toddalin
06-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and could use your expert insight. I've been watching eFraud (eBay) for a JBL D-130F to replace the '64 Oxford in my Blackface Vibroverb. I am hoping that you can help me to determine a fair price for one in the following conditions - needs to be reconed, has been reconed (with & w/o JBL parts), original.

From other posts I've read, I know that values on reconed will vary considerably based on parts and workmanship. Here are my takes from what I've read - please correct me where I'm wrong. I've assumed respectable workmanship here on a recone job.

Blown/needs to be reconed - $50 to $75
Reconed (unknown parts/non JBL) - $75 to $100
Reconed w/JBL - $100 to $150
Original - $250 to $400

Are there any things that I should be watch out for (i.e. gotchas or whatever)? Also, if any of you has one and are willing to part with it, let me know. I'd sure like an original for nostalgia's sake, but I'm just not in a position to pay that much, not that I've seen one lately.

Finally, I've seen some with an impedance of 8 ohms and others that list it as 8/16. What is the true impedance of an 8/16? Other posts say that an 8/16 is actually an 8 ohm speaker. Why is it listed this way? Were all D 130Fs either 8 or 16 ohms?

Thanks one and all.

You can get blown/need recone for about $30 regularly on oy vey.

Sonicboom
06-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks, toddalin.

Would love to find an original - thought I had, but they were both sold. :banghead: