PDA

View Full Version : L36 Decades found!

mbask
06-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Returning home from a hard days work yester eve. I spotted some speaker cabs up about 300 ft on side of road. I thought to my self as I drove
closer and closer; it would be cool if they were JBLs ...HA HA HA keep dreaming (still thinking to myself) that'll never happen.. then suddenly! the tiny red/orange logo against the silver face plate
beamed right thru the busy city traffic and hit me between the eye's
OH sh.t ... honkers be dammed im pulling over.. Now! ............. I grabbed em.
much work is need to make these things cherry But they work!
one tweeter no sound, surrounds on both woofers gone, all dome caps pushed in..DOE! I hate that (with exception of woofers as they are stock inverted as most of you know) cabinets fairly banged up, front baffle & grill clothes still intact, but need work. I hooked em up to my fisher amp..(at very low volume) they sound good even in the state their in presently.
can anyone tell me if I can have these restored with genuine JBL parts? I don't mind that their a little beat up as long as they work properly
thanks for any imput ... :)

BY the way this is my first JBL Home Multi Way speaker system ever.. Ive had my Altec 846A "Valencias" for about three years now and I love them

takenodisk
06-01-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm gonna keep an close look to every street corner of my neighbourhood!!:blink: Glad that you put your hands on theese L36,if you are looking for parts,you can find them on epay they are regularly listed at reasonable price:)

mbask
06-01-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm gonna keep an close look to every street corner of my neighbourhood!!:blink: Glad that you put your hands on theese L36,if you are looking for parts,you can find them on epay they are regularly listed at reasonable price:)

Yea... a little creative visualization doesn't hurt.
I found my Altecs in a similar way. Pulled up to the county dump recycle dept and BLING there they where, ten bucks for the pair, dump staff could'nt wait to get rid of them, D-12 Caterpillar in idle with the look of an appetite for sinister odds. I engaged in a stare down with the large tractor and calmly nabed em.. :D

mbask
06-03-2006, 10:17 PM
I have located used (but guaranteed to be in perfect working condition) LE 25-4 tweetwers, and LE 5-6 midrange drivers
for my new L 36s ..... in Los Angeles!
next will be the surrounds for the 10" woofs:bouncy: