PDA

View Full Version : Crown UltraTech 2020?

toddalin
05-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Looking to replace my ailing subwoofer amp and came across an UltraTech UT-2020. However, I can find virtually no information on the UltraTech line, certainly not in the Crown archives.

What I have been able to find is the following vintage info:

"UltraTech amplifiers are professional tools designed and built for pro use. Engineered by the same teams who build the acclaimed MacroTech and K- Series amps, the UltraTech series has the rugged heart and soul that has characterized Crown amplifiers for years. All Crown UltraTech amps are backed by Crown's three-year, no fault full warranty. Stereo Operation: 400-watts at 8- ohms,660-watts at 4-ohms, 975- watts at 2-ohms. Bridged Mono Operation: 1320-watts at 8- ohms,1950-watts at 4-ohms. Front panel detented volume controls, neutrik combo inputs, demand-sensitive fan circuit protection and chest-pounding lows that easily real 2 ohm loads."

The amp appears to resemble the CE2000 and according to the ad, has the same power specs. Are there any differences? Has anyone used one in a home environment and if so, is the fan noisy?

Thanks

pelly3s
05-31-2006, 05:37 PM
if i remember right the UltraTech is a CE-2000 that was made for Guitar Center only. There is no difference at all from the CE-2000