PDA

View Full Version : New Westlakes Got Here!

Ken Pachkowsky
05-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Hi all, hope your well.

I have not been around much but wanted to post that those all reconed BBSM 15's that my brother bought from norealtalent got here yesterday. If you don't know norealtalent "your not missing anything:D " just kidding. Thanks bud for all the work and EXCELLENT packing job.

I set them up last night and outa the gate they sounded pretty good. I will tune the room tonight with an RTA and the Klark Teknik 360 EQ he purchased.

The system is running bi-amped utilizing the built in crossover. I built 2 10' Canare 411S Bi-Amp cables for speaker connects. He is using my modified AB International 980A's bridged mono (1000 watts each at 8 ohms). Plenty of power there. With the help of fellow Forumite Johnaec he scored an almost mint Perreaux SM6P. I had the pleasure of using it for a week and will miss it. Thanks again John for all the help. We shall make a contribution to the site in your name.

We tried to find a Sony CDP 11 or 12 with no luck so picked up a new Tascam single space cd player model 10U-Pro. Seems to be a fine machine with bal outputs.

I will take a few photos and post them on the site.

Have a good weekend all

PS: Ian, I will be contacting you next week. Happy-face, I appologise for not trying the Dac direct as of yet.

Ken

hapy._.face
05-26-2006, 06:00 PM
cool!

I have a great pic of those Westlakes all loaded up on his trailer- maybe I should share it...:hmm:

Oh, Ken- did 'talent tell you what his latest score was? :hyp:

Ken Pachkowsky
05-26-2006, 11:02 PM
cool!

I have a great pic of those Westlakes all loaded up on his trailer- maybe I should share it...:hmm:

Oh, Ken- did 'talent tell you what his latest score was? :hyp:

Yes he did...

We eq'd the room tonight resulting in better performance. They sound damned good and my brother and his wife are very happy with the investment.

Night all.

Ken

norealtalent
05-27-2006, 07:21 AM
That's great to hear Ken. I'm glad they finally made it and everybody is happy. Please send pics when the veneer work is done. Thank you for the trust and confidence you placed in me. As you previously experienced, that is an incredible pair of monitors. I didn't realize just how great they are until they were gone for a while. Fortunately I was able to replace them with another pair I purchased directly from one of the studio owners. Like the first pair, these will have a thorough rehab so they function 100%. We can't leave these Westlakes sitting around waiting to be parted out on ebay. I'm really grateful to have another pair. I won't be so quick to let these go...

http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_new_york_metro_27/index.html

http://www.soniccircus.com/wedeliver/

lfh
05-27-2006, 04:34 PM
...one more big studio closed down? (Westies sold, homepage not working?)

Ken,

we're looking forward to see the pics!