View Full Version : Lansing Power Supply ?

11-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Howdy All,Recently a friend of mine stumbled upon what appears to be a Lansing power supply.It has a metal tag that reads "Lansing"Model# F500A.It has two transformers and two tube sockets.Tubes are not with the unit and there seems to be no tube designation for the sockets.Any ideas as to what this should be with and the tube compliment?Best regards,Oldmics

Earl K
11-04-2003, 05:48 PM
Hi Oldmics

Sounds like the power supply for a Lansing field-coil type driver . Steve Schell is the expert in this area.

regards <> Earl K :)

11-04-2003, 08:31 PM
If that is the case, and I suspect it is, then the two tube sockets will likely be for rectifier tubes, such as possibly a 5U4 or something similar...

Have you tried removing the bottom cover of the unit? Dunno if Lansing did this at any times, but I've run into many vintage tube amps and other electronics, that had the schematic glued inside the bottom cover...