PDA

View Full Version : 4333a binding post upgrade?

Jeff M
05-14-2006, 06:55 PM
I just acquired some really nice Audioquest granite speaker wire with the gold spade ends from a local on some trading:) . Of course, my 4333a's have the push button/spring posts. Anyways, I can get some heavy copper posts by Edison Price and I wondered if they are really worth the price that they demand. Would I notice anything different in sound? I do not think I would have to alter too much and only plan on replacing the posts for the internal crossovers for now. Any opinions?

Zilch
05-14-2006, 07:09 PM
There's several types available at Parts Express.

I wouldn't spend huge bucks on binding posts, nope.

These, for example, are about $10 a pair:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10712

remusr
05-15-2006, 11:03 AM
I've replaced the spring posts with 5way bronze/gold ones for flexibility in connections using larger wire. The other alternative I've used that provides some flexibility is attaching braided adapters (3 inch braided bronze/gold wire with one end terminated with a female banana plug) to the spring posts. I can't say I heard any difference from the 5way terminals as the wire was changed too. Watch larger 5ways like WBT's as they stick out past the enclosure and are a problem when you need to lay them on their back to pull woofs, etc.