PDA

View Full Version : JBL 2152H corner horns--tall n' slim

Bill F.
05-12-2006, 07:06 AM
Here's an idea I've been developing for the 2152H coaxial drivers I have littering my basement. It's a rear-loaded dual corner horn with a very small footprint (1 sq. ft.) The expansion is conic to keep the carpentry simple. The cabinet would run floor-to-ceiling for 1/8th-space loading of both horn mouths. A Hornresp simulation shows very high efficiency down to ~60Hz.

Any thoughts?

Bill

Hoerninger
05-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Your input parameters might be of interest. Playing around with them might possibly flatten the response, i.e. variation of throat size. Did you use the option for rear loading?

I'm using this programm but I have no experience so far. I will verify (or not) predicted results with a built horn.

Bill F.
05-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Hi Peter,

Yes, I specified a rear-loaded horn in the simulation parameters (by setting VRC to zero).

Actually, I tailored the rolloff you see specifically to mate with the drivers' front radiation, which achieves full output above about 220Hz.

I'm sure it will take some fine-tuning, though. :)

Albert Allen
07-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Vintage thread I know but did you ever get these corner cabinets going? if so how do they do?

spkrman57
07-22-2011, 10:06 AM
I too would be interested in how this project turned out!

Regards, Ron

lowpoke
07-25-2011, 03:40 AM
I just checked Bill's stats and he hasn't been on the forum since 2010. We may never know whether these got built :(

Horn Fanatic
02-24-2017, 10:52 AM
Here's an idea I've been developing for the 2152H coaxial drivers I have littering my basement. It's a rear-loaded dual corner horn with a very small footprint (1 sq. ft.) The expansion is conic to keep the carpentry simple. The cabinet would run floor-to-ceiling for 1/8th-space loading of both horn mouths. A Hornresp simulation shows very high efficiency down to ~60Hz.

Any thoughts?

Bill

An old concept.

https://www.google.ch/patents/US3554314