PDA

View Full Version : no sound l300

vmax700
05-12-2006, 06:37 AM
I aquired some l300 recently and one of the LE 85 midranges produced no sound. At time of aquision a small 3" midrange was attached to the le85 leads which did produce sound. I also took the diaphragm to my local speaker guy who confirmed the bad diaphragm. I then found a replacement driver, installed and no sound from it. While hooking a small 3" (surround speaker8ohm) to the leads there was no sound. Any advice, repair facility is greatly appreciated

remusr
05-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Since you did get sound at one time I would suspect either bad LPads, bad connections or your replacement driver is nfg.
First turn the LPads at LOW VOLUME to see if the LE85 comes on intermittently, makes scratchy sounds. If so you gotta pull the woofs - lay cabinet on back, unscrew 8 bolts and pull woof, stand cab up, place drip-cloths on support brace & floor and squirt antioxidant or WD40 in back slots of offending LPad while rotating it. Give it a day to dry and reinstall woof. Keep all cats out.
Second is confirm connections. Remake all connections you touched and put some antioxidant or WD40 on them to make sure as you work them in/out a couple times. The LE85 spring terminals can be hard to see so make sure you don't have wire insulation in them.
Third is to confirm the drivers are good. Try the other L300's LE85 as a test - just open the access, disconnect LE85 wires from xover (write down wiring to/from but should be the black stripe to black terminal) and run jumpers over using alligator clips or whatever to attach. Test the iffy replacement by jumpering it in the other L300 too.
- Roy

57BELAIRE
05-23-2006, 07:30 AM
I had a similar problem with my 077's...problem?...broken solder joints in the N333.