PDA

View Full Version : box for 2243

Jakob
05-10-2006, 02:29 AM
Hi all!
I bought two of these drivers and am planning to use them in a pair of 185 l boxes for testing. Using WinISD I come up with a nice response curve when tuning the box to 35 Hz, calculating with a netto volume of 175 l. Here comes the questions:

What do You think would be the ultimate box size and tuning for this driver? It's lower Xmax compared to the 2242 should mean You need a smaller box, right? I am looking for flat response down to around 30 Hz and will be using them at home.

.....or is it better to recone them as 2242's? A lot of people on this forum loves the 2242 but I have never heard one! Does it sound better than a 2243? They share the same motor/frame, but the parameters differ so they should have different fields of application.

Would it be possible to build a pair of boxes that in size fits both these drivers, if I some years from now decide to do the recone to 2242's?

Thank You for any input!

Guido
05-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi Jakob!

Do a search here for 2243. If I remember correctly there is an original JBL box (model) for it. It don't come to my mind which one right now :(