PDA

View Full Version : uh hello. . . .

gyusher
11-03-2003, 03:53 AM
I too am a new member and the proud parent of a mint pair of L-112s. I have spent way too much money over the years on JBL speakers. . .I am very happy to have found this forum. . .I have been reading your threads for a few weeks and thought I might like to respond to some. . . .
The pic is how I found them. . .Much better now., . .

boputnam
11-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by gyusher
The pic is how I found them. . . Much better now. . . Hey... :wave:

You post is unclear - are you "better" 'cause you found these darlings, or because you have replaced the compliance on them woofers? :confused:

JBL Dog
11-03-2003, 10:39 AM
Is the pussycat in your avatar still among the living?

:shock:

This message comes from JBL Dog :band:

gyusher
11-03-2003, 04:00 PM
Much better both myself and the speakers. . . .I spent several hours rubbing beeswax and lemonoil into the cabinets and sent the woofers out for repair. . .They are in mint condition with manuels, boxes and warrenty cards. . . .This is my second pair of 112s . . .My daughter has my 112s that I bought new in 82. I noticed a difference in these , they use cam lock binding posts and my other ones use a 5 way type. . . .
I found a pair of L-150s today. . .not 150As. . .For 50 bucks. . .They were still using them with all the dust caps pushed in, one tweeter pushed in (black tweeters) All surrounds were gone and they used masking tape to hold the woofers in position. . .Rough shape but the cabs are good and they amaze me at their sound under these conditions. They were in a old store and have been played all day long for years. . . .Still going. . .I had to save them, I will find greener pastures for them they deserve it after the abuse they have seen.

gyusher
11-03-2003, 04:02 PM
This kitty came from a broken home and has some bad habits like her worthless mother. Below is a picture of her tramp for a mother. . .

scott fitlin
11-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by JBL Dog
Is the pussycat in your avatar still among the living?

:shock:

This message comes from JBL Dog :band: I was about to say!

Thats some sick shit right there.:shock: That poor little sweet kitty.

Audiobeer
11-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by gyusher
This kitty came from a broken home and has some bad habits like her worthless mother. Below is a picture of her tramp for a mother. . .

Those Bullies will drive anything they can wrap them paws around! :banghead:

gyusher
11-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Actually I do like cats and dogs too. . .I was sent that pic in an eMail several years ago. . .Just like a kitten will play with anything. . .