PDA

View Full Version : Correct way to wire these D140F's

vettedrummer
04-28-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm setting up a bass guitar speaker cabinet using two JBL D140F's. Both speakers are 8 ohms. I know how to wire them in parallel to get a 4 ohm load (8 ohm + 8 ohm = 4 ohms right?) I need to see what a series wiring set up looks like to get 16 ohms. ( right? ) I think I'm right about the numbers, but if I'm wrong let me know. I have two Vox vintage bass guitar amps that could run through this cabinet. The one is a Vox Westminster rated at 2 ohms. I figure I could use a 4 ohm set up for these. The other amp is the Vox Super Foundation Bass rated at 15 ohms so a 16 ohm setup would work in this case. The cabinet is 23.5 wide by 36 high by 16 deep. It is divided in the middle into two separate boxes inside. these are sealed backs with no porting and full insulation. So each small inner box is about 23 wide by 17 high by 16 deep. Just in case any number cruncher are looking at this post. This cabinet is based on the Vox T100 bass cabinet from the 60's, but it is deeper and wider then what Vox built to better handle the JBL's. Any help anyone can input here would be great. I don't play bass by the way. I'm a drummer, but I like to build things.

Zilch
04-28-2006, 09:29 PM
For series connection, you connect the red terminal of one speaker to the black terminal of the other, and then connect the amp to the remaining two terminals.

That'll give you 16 Ohms, yes....

vettedrummer
04-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks Zilch!