PDA

View Full Version : W.T.B. Network for L20T

analogman
04-24-2006, 12:04 AM
I'd like to extract all I can from my L20Ts. Giskard at one point suggested the 4406 network as superior to stock in another thread.
I can follow directions and solder reasonably well but don't have the time or knowledge to select parts; optimum brand(s) and types, test, etc. for maximum performance.

If any forum member is interested in building and selling to me a custom pair of networks for these little monitors please PM me. I can call you to discuss my options and projected costs.
Thanks,
Analogman

Zilch
04-24-2006, 10:44 AM
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108055#post108055

Parts are under $100 per pair for the minimalist version shown there, more like $150 for a biased and bypassed version. Figure triple those costs if I hafta build 'em.

I'll be posting the parts list soon; still doing testing with various woofers....

Robh3606
04-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Hello Zilch

You have me confused, What does the link have to do with building up a set of 4406 crossovers for L20T's???

Rob:)

Zilch
04-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Hiya, Rob!

We're using 4406 crossover in the 115H-1 based Mini's. That's the second iteration, built for Johnaec; first version using Erse, Dayton, and Thetas is here:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105778&postcount=34

There's a buncha test info on them and the drivers between the two posts, including Spice sim and measured voltage drives.

I'm stretching it a bit trying to use the same crossover for 8" drivers in my Mini-4425's there, is all. The smaller Mini-4430's will get 115H-1.

So, I've built and shown two pair of 4406 crossovers so far using different component brand selections. A biased version may be next, depending upon how well the boxed drivers perform, and how serious we want to take them.

John W used a hybrid crossover in his and tweaked it for 506G woofer.

Analogman is local; he can come hear this stuff in a couple of weeks, probably.

[I don't have any "loaners" of these yet..... ;) ]

analogman
04-24-2006, 04:25 PM
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108055#post108055

Parts are under $100 per pair for the minimalist version shown there, more like $150 for a biased and bypassed version. Figure triple those costs if I hafta build 'em.

I'll be posting the parts list soon; still doing testing with various woofers....

Thank you Zilch. Your work is beautiful, but that's more than I can afford to put into these at this time. I wasn't thinking clearly when I started this thread; Wife's the only one working currently.

Those "mini(s)" KICK ASS :bouncy:

Analogman

analogman
04-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Hiya, Rob!

We're using 4406 crossover in the 115H-1 based Mini's. That's the second iteration, built for Johnaec; first version using Erse, Dayton, and Thetas is here:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105778&postcount=34

There's a buncha test info on them and the drivers between the two posts, including Spice sim and measured voltage drives.

I'm stretching it a bit trying to use the same crossover for 8" drivers in my Mini-4425's there, is all. The smaller Mini-4430's will get 115H-1.

So, I've built and shown two pair of 4406 crossovers so far using different component brand selections. A biased version may be next, depending upon how well the boxed drivers perform, and how serious we want to take them.

John W used a hybrid crossover in his and tweaked it for 506G woofer.

Analogman is local; he can come hear this stuff in a couple of weeks, probably.

[I don't have any "loaners" of these yet..... ;) ]

Can I still come and be a "tire kicker" for the afternoon? :bouncy:

Zilch
04-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Well, I'm trying to encourage you to try building them yourself, once I finalize the parts list. The "economy" version is an easy build.

Factory 4406 crossovers are also available from JBL Pro Parts for $60 apiece, looks like. Part #66930-0060. I don't know what all comes with that

Worth a call, probably, to determine if they're available, but you can still build 'em yourself for less....