PDA

View Full Version : LX10 Crossover Problems

corvette440hp
04-21-2006, 06:03 PM
I have a pair of James B. Lansing speakers that I purchased in 1967. The speakers are Lancer 101, crossover LX10. Back in approximately 1974 I experienced a problem with the loss of one of the high frequency drivers (LE175). I traced the problem to the Mylar condenser, which was cracked and had an open in it. I couldn't find a matching condenser locally, but was advised to contact JBL directly. I informed JBL of the problem. They sent me a direct identical condenser. It was shipped airmail without any charges to me whatsoever. I just was totally amazed by JBL's fantastic action. At present I have the same problem with the other speaker. The Chicago Condenser with a date code of 3-67, part no. 10434 has gone bad. I've contacted Harmon Kardon, and Chicago Condenser, asking for help replacing the condenser. I am willing to purchase from either of them the replacement. If a replacement part is unavailable from either.....all that I need is specifics of another capacitor/condenser that I would seek to purchase. The crossover frequency, just for the record is 1500HZ. I'm BEGGING for information as to what I can use as the best replacement possible. Thank you for your consideration and time. Larry

4313B
04-21-2006, 06:11 PM
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=027-934&DID=7

I'd replace the capacitor in both networks.

corvette440hp
04-22-2006, 10:30 AM
I would be glad to replace both capacitors, the only problem is where to I purchase them? The other problem is that I need the specifics about the capicitors to actively search for them. THANK YOU for the assistance that you have already provided.

4313B
04-22-2006, 10:48 AM
You click on the link I posted above and you order two of them.

corvette440hp
04-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Thank you, they are already ordered. I owe you BIG-TIME, take care till we meet again! Larry