PDA

View Full Version : My first JBL are the old small L16.

beppe61
04-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Dear Sirs,

a friend of mine gave me a pair of old JBL L16.
Before now I had very few occasions to listen to JBL speakers.
I like my new old L16 really a lot.
Coming from an old Dynaudio speaker I am really excited about the bass response of this little speaker. Fast, powerful and much more enjoyable than the boring Dynaudio.
So my interest for JBL lines has increased exponentially.
I wonder if there are current JBL models that could be real step-ups to the L16 without being too expensive.
Is the vintage route much more sensible to get a very high quality/price ratio ?
I also listen to a pair of L110 that impressed me even more.
I am Italian and here in Italy a L110 goes for the equivalent of 500-600USD usually.
Are there current models that can give more for about the same price?
Please excuse my poor English and my maybe trivial questions.

Congratulations for your exceptional site !
Thank you very much.
Regards,

beppe
torino
italy

OLDGEN
04-18-2006, 12:01 PM
use the ebay.de:barf:

beppe61
04-18-2006, 12:39 PM
use the ebay.de:barf:

Thank you very much Sir for the kind and valuable suggestion.
Which models you recommend with a budget up to 500 USD?
For the same money you suggest vintage or more recent models?

Thank you very much again.
Kind regards,

bg

OLDGEN
04-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Thank you very much Sir for the kind and valuable suggestion.
Which models you recommend with a budget up to 500 USD?
For the same money you suggest vintage or more recent models?

Kind regards,

bg
OK i help
http://cgi.ebay.de/JBL-Professional-Series-4312-A-Control-Monitor_W0QQitemZ7609969154QQcategoryZ22003QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

beppe61
04-18-2006, 12:56 PM
OK i help
http://cgi.ebay.de/JBL-Professional-Series-4312-A-Control-Monitor_W0QQitemZ7609969154QQcategoryZ22003QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

Thanks a lot for your very kind suggestion!:D
Kind regards,

bg

OLDGEN
04-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks a lot for your very kind suggestion!:D
Kind regards,

bg

what's the matter?

ironman
04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Just no need. :biting:

ironman
04-18-2006, 10:09 PM
beppe61 (http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=4218) vbmenu_register("postmenu_107372", true);

Yes, the L-110's are a nice start. They are going for considerably less here in the States (eBay). Too bad the shipping would drive the price too high for you. The L-40's are cheap and have a suprisingly nice sound for the money. As with all JBL, the better the model you've heard usually spoils you for anything less. If you're used to the L-16's the L-40 would sound better - now that you've been exposed to the L-110's the L-40's probably wouldn't cut it for you any longer. For the most part they can't gibe the L-40 away on eBay ! Because your in the Euro market anything I recomend will be useless for you. Look locally. You can make the biggest part of your investment go to shipping or a better quality JBL. Why waste the money on shipping ? $500.00 for a pair of nice L-110's would be a bit much for me and you could get them here in the states for much less but when all is said in done, figuring in shipping, you'll probably be right back up to $500.00.
Also, you get the benefit of seeing your prospective purchase before laying out the cash if you purchase local. Sorry I can't be of more help.

beppe61
04-19-2006, 02:10 AM
beppe61 (http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=4218) vbmenu_register("postmenu_107372", true);

Yes, the L-110's are a nice start. They are going for considerably less here in the States (eBay). Too bad the shipping would drive the price too high for you. The L-40's are cheap and have a suprisingly nice sound for the money. As with all JBL, the better the model you've heard usually spoils you for anything less. If you're used to the L-16's the L-40 would sound better - now that you've been exposed to the L-110's the L-40's probably wouldn't cut it for you any longer. For the most part they can't gibe the L-40 away on eBay ! Because your in the Euro market anything I recomend will be useless for you. Look locally. You can make the biggest part of your investment go to shipping or a better quality JBL. Why waste the money on shipping ? $500.00 for a pair of nice L-110's would be a bit much for me and you could get them here in the states for much less but when all is said in done, figuring in shipping, you'll probably be right back up to $500.00.
Also, you get the benefit of seeing your prospective purchase before laying out the cash if you purchase local. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thank you sincerely Sir !
Actually I have seen unbelievable (for us ) prices in USA for exceptional old models.
I looked at the construction of some JBL woofers and was astonished.
Huge magnet and coils (even 100 mm in diameter).
I think I will stick with a JBL speaker for a long long time.

Kind regards,

beppe