PDA

View Full Version : New vs Old Frames

Ducatista47
04-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know what the significant differences, if any, are between the black framed and the gray framed ferrite woofers? I am thinking of 2245H's and maybe 2122H's. My black 2245's have rocking button wire terminals. The images here of the grays have round push buttons. Anything internal?

I think the blacks are newer. Any idea when and why the change occured?

Clark in Peoria

edgewound
04-17-2006, 08:26 AM
The black frames are newer.

When I trained at the factory, George Barmaksezian, the Director of National Service at the time(1988) explained that the plastic intput terminals took less time to assemble on the production line (makes sense) and actually held on to the input wire better. It takes more pull force to disconnect it resulting in a more reliable connection for portable systems.

Ducatista47
04-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Thank you, Edgewound. I assume then there are no electrical or magnetic differences. Unfortunately, one of my baskets needs a recone and one of those darn terminals.

Know any good reconers?:D

Clark in Peoria

PS Trained in '88. Seems you are older than you look. I guess you are old enough to go out with girls after all...;)

edgewound
04-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Thank you, Edgewound. I assume then there are no electrical or magnetic differences. Unfortunately, one of my baskets needs a recone and one of those darn terminals.

Know any good reconers?:D

Clark in Peoria

PS Trained in '88. Seems you are older than you look. I guess you are old enough to go out with girls after all...;)

Aww...thanks Clark...bearing down quickly on 46:( .

I have those in stock if you want to talk...I'm a poet too.:D

Ian Mackenzie
04-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Aww...thanks Clark...bearing down quickly on 46:( .

I have those in stock if you want to talk...I'm a poet too.:D

Your only as old as you feel!