Hofmannhp
04-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Hi All,

now it's time for my first recone job.

Ingrediants:

two K130 baskets
two C8R2235 recone sets
some brain power

I want to get two 2231 for the 4333B clones. Is there the need for the mass ring or not?

HP

4313B
04-08-2006, 11:06 AM
As posted many times before the 124, 2203, 136, 2231, and 2235 all use the same mass ring.
Make sure you recharge those K130's before putting kits into them.

Guido
04-08-2006, 09:27 PM
HP!

Call me before starting!
I'll be back from Shanghai monday 10th april.

Hofmannhp
04-09-2006, 04:12 AM
As posted many times before the 124, 2203, 136, 2231, and 2235 all use the same mass ring.

Thanks Giskard,

Yes ....I know that this was posted 1000 times.....but only found the 2234 or mass ring without specializing the 2231.....maybe I had done the wrong search.

HP

PS: ok Guido.....wait till your'e back.

toddrr
04-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Please post photographs of the reconing
step by step if possible.

That would very helpful to us beginners:)

Hofmannhp
04-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Please post photographs of the reconing
step by step if possible.

That would very helpful to us beginners:)

Hi Todd,

yes, I will do pics......:)

I had a search for Bo's nice thread to this theme from years ago....didn't find it.

Perhaps Bo can chime in to lead us to his thread about his photo-documentation of a recone job.

HP

PS: next step will be, to move this thread to DIY

4313B
04-12-2006, 04:45 AM
We decided awhile back that posting full recone instructions might be a problem with recone centers. They have a certain amount of financial investment involved. Couple that with the fact that recone kits aren't available to end users. That's why we never followed through. If JBL and the reconers out there couldn't care less then feel free to continue.

edgewound
04-12-2006, 09:01 AM
We decided awhile back that posting full recone instructions might be a problem with recone centers. They have a certain amount of financial investment involved. Couple that with the fact that recone kits aren't available to end users. That's why we never followed through. If JBL and the reconers out there couldn't care less then feel free to continue.

I'd rather not see a step by step tutorial on a speaker recone with a factory kit. But maybe it's not a big deal, seeing Hofmanhp is in Germany, but maybe Guido will object too.

It would really be a problem to my livelyhood if JBL decided to start selling the recone kits to anyone that wanted to buy one. It used to be that you could only buy parts and raw drivers from an authorized service center or dealer, but that practice has eroded so we'll see where things head in the future. I've said before that someday in the not-so-distant future that all goods will become factory direct with still full retail pricing. The accountants will love that profit margin.

boputnam
04-12-2006, 10:07 AM
It would really be a problem to my livelyhood if ...Well there are enough of us out here struggling with that in our own careers - rest assured we are not going to tempt fate.

toddrr
04-12-2006, 10:59 AM
I am fine with not posting the information in full!

I am sure that if I did a reconing job I would likely botch the whole thing.
So, really please do me a favor and don't post photographs! This will
save me. If I bought the repair kit I would agonize over everything and
creating stess headaches and general nausea from glue sniffing. In the
end I would have to send it for a full repair to one of our members. :)

Also, you gentlemen give the rest of us lots of great information,
your time, expertise.

I did not realize that Reconing is a pro job and supports our members:)

thanks