PDA

View Full Version : L-212 question

Edwards
04-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Hi: Im a new 212 owner. one of the kind members here pointed me to the Owners manual, but my Bass Unit has an RCA input near the input thumb twist terminals.

Does anyone know that the RCA input does, and is that an original featuer or something that may have been added on a custom basis.

As a side note my tweeters are pretty bad, and with the price of 066 tweeters I was thinking that I may replace with some new Focal tc-90's

Any comments would be appreciated.

Ed

Don C
04-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Mine didn't have it. Here's a picture of one from the service manual

hapy._.face
04-06-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm guessing that the RCA jack is an aftermarket add on. I could be wrong...

As far as the 066 tweeters are concerned- tell us exactly what it is that's 'pretty bad'. If it's purely an aesthetic concern- there are many things that can be done to improve the look. Punched in domes, failing aluminized finish, etc- can all be rectified (somewhat). If it is a performance based concern- the kits are no longer availabe. This is one of the reasons the 066 has gone up in value. Any kits that are still circulating out there are quite pricey.

Replacing the 066 should be your last resort. If you find you MUST- perhaps another memebr can suggest a fine JBL replacement (??).

You don't live far from fellow forum members. With patience- you might be able to score the parts to get your 066's up to par. We can try to help you out. Welcome to the forum.

Travis.

Take care.