PDA

View Full Version : Tannoy Monitor Gold 12's for JBL 4430's

whitese
03-31-2006, 07:17 PM
I wonder about this trade....what would you think would be the main difference soundwise, being driven by an Allen organ amp, Berning EA-230 triode or Bottlehead Paramour 2A3 SET's...

I am intrigued by the JBL's...

Steve Gonzales
04-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Hey, this is the Lansing Site, what did you think we're gonna say, LOL:D .
I don't know how sensitive the Tannoy's are but, I'd have to say the 2A3's would power the 4430's in a very low ambient noise room to decent levels. No contest in a flat out head to head, the 4430's are supreme. That is if you like a great low end, seamless transition between the drivers and great imaging and dynamics. If you don't, go with the Tannoy's;) .

whitese
04-01-2006, 04:13 AM
I had a feeling that this place may be biased...LOL.

Earl K
04-01-2006, 07:05 AM
No contest in a flat out head to head, the 4430's are supreme. That is if you like a great low end, seamless transition between the drivers and great imaging and dynamics. If you don't, go with the Tannoy's .

Yeh ,we're all biased, one direction or another .

- Me ??? Id' keep those Tannoy 12" Golds, run them with sealed up ports and then rollin a dedicated JBL subwoofer below 80hz.

:)

Steve Gonzales
04-01-2006, 11:04 AM
I wonder what kind of flame thrower I would be dealing with right now if I would have recommended the Tannoy's and Earl the 4430's ? :blink: . Glad I don't have to find out. :D

norealtalent
04-01-2006, 11:08 AM
I wonder what kind of flame thrower I would be dealing with right now if I would have recommended the Tannoy's and Earl the 4430's ? :blink: . Glad I don't have to find out. :D

OK Steve, I'll take the heat for you...:spchless: here goes:

I'd sell them both and buy a set of TAD loaded Westlakes!!!:rotfl: :moon: :rotfl: